Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

all discussions

show all 5 replies

Bluetooth File Transfer Profile Support

InFuZiOn

Apr 12, 2007, 12:46 AM
I just recently got the LG Chocolate in Black(Verizon is my carrier) and would like some of the ringers my friends have and they're all able to Bluetooth them to each other.

I'm aware that there are different Bluetooth profiles for different things but I was wondering if there was a way to download Bluetooth profiles that support file transfer and load them onto my Chocolate so that I can transfer files/ringers to my phone via Bluetooth?

The only idea I could come up with that might remotely work would be to have the cable from FutureDial to connect to my computer and use BitPim to try and add the extra Bluetooth profiles. Does anyone know if this would work?
InFuZiOn

Apr 12, 2007, 10:00 AM
**Bump**
chocolateman85006

Apr 13, 2007, 11:39 AM
How do I get bitpim?
raycarroll70

Apr 24, 2007, 9:53 PM
www.bitpim.org
ABLINDKID

Apr 25, 2007, 10:52 PM
make sure your phone is allowed too , i recently purchesed the pink chocolate for my girlfriend and bitpim says it takes chocolate phones but when i had the phone connected via usb cable and tried to import the stuff from her phone it said her phone, or the phone company (verizon) does not let this be supported , but yet my lg phone can, anyone know how to get around this?
Rich Brome

May 2, 2007, 12:53 AM
No, Bluetooth profiles are not discrete things that can just be "added" to a phone like drivers on a PC.

Bluetooth "profiles" are really just ways of describing what you can do with a specific implementation of Bluetooth on a specific device.

No Bluetooth device supports the entire set Bluetooth specs. Each device only supports some subset of Bluetooth capabilities, and "profiles" are simply a way to group and describe those subsets.

Generally, a phone is hard-wired to support a FIXED set of profiles.

The only way you you might possibly be able to "add" Bluetooth profiles to a phone is if there are two major versions of the whole firmware (OS software, basically) for a phone, and one supports more Bluetooth profiles than the oth...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.