Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 30 replies

get out of your vz contract no termination

vzwsucks

Sep 6, 2005, 7:06 PM
Verizon is sending a bill insert that says they are increasing the monthly surcharge to .40 more. Because they are breeching their agreement, customers will be able to get out with no contract.
everman

Sep 10, 2005, 4:08 PM
bump
jmacey_5150

Oct 10, 2005, 11:30 PM
Unfortuanately that is no longer the case... and if you compare the measley $.40 with the charges established by other cellular providers, it will still be the cheapest fee charged by any of the cellular providers!
mistermarler

Oct 11, 2005, 11:50 AM
haha. thanks though. i got so many extra sales due to this.
RAISING THE BAR BABY.
VZWalltheway

Nov 9, 2005, 4:18 AM
👿 Its really really sad, that a company has to use this as a means of getting a sale...SAD SAD SAD, VZW rates are still lower 🙂
cellnuts

Nov 12, 2005, 1:12 PM
ok first of all i dont think that you can get out your contract because they are raising some fee by .40 cents. if you look at the terms and conditions (which im sure none of you do) you will see that all surcharges and fees are subject to change. and as long as that is stated somewhere in the contract it is no longer considered breaching the contract because they made ou aware and you signed on the bottom line. some of those charges that companies tack on to the bill are required by the fcc, and therefore the company has no choice but to charge these fees.

to make a long story short...nice try its not happening..do you really think that a company as big a verizon would make such a mistake as to breech every customers contract just beca...
(continues)
saxman66

Sep 20, 2005, 12:57 PM
Will a Corporate Verizon customer be able to get out without early term fees - or just personal acct customers??
mickey-vzw

Oct 7, 2005, 8:09 AM
saxman66 said:
Will a Corporate Verizon customer be able to get out without early term fees - or just personal acct customers??

neither all will get the etf
mistermarler

Oct 11, 2005, 11:51 AM
THATS not true you dum dum head ;) i got like 25 customers out of contract. now they are crediting it.
Juelze

Sep 20, 2005, 1:35 PM
vzwsucks said:
Verizon is sending a bill insert that says they are increasing the monthly surcharge to .40 more. Because they are breeching their agreement, customers will be able to get out with no contract.

Hahahahha. Are you kidding me?? Did you ever take the time to read the terms and conditions of the service agreement you signed? I'm guessing not. If you did you would realize carriers reserve the right to change the cost of your rate plan and other fees at ANY TIME. Also, the surcharge is most likely a Federal Regulatory Fee increase and the FCC allows carriers to charge a fee to re-coup on the expenses they incur meeting the requirements of new programs of the FCC. So sorry to say but you are ...
(continues)
mistermarler

Oct 11, 2005, 11:52 AM
did you know that they can put anything they want in a contract, it doesn't mean it will hold up in court? you can get out of your contract for damn near any reason you want if you are adamant enough.
RAISING THE BAR BABY
celesticatfl

Oct 14, 2005, 2:29 PM
My thoughts are : customers that threaten lawsuits have more money than brains sometimes. Do you really think someone is going to hire a lawyer at more than $250 an hour just to save .40 a month? Puh-leeze... it's cheaper to pay the term fee. 🙄
Juelze

Sep 20, 2005, 6:05 PM
Here it is...this is from the Terms and agreements page on www.verizonwireless.com. It seems what you guys said is true, HOWEVER, a surcharge of $0.40 may not be considered an ADVERSE effect in their eyes.

Our Rights To Make Changes

Your service is subject to our business policies, practices, and procedures, which we can change without notice. UNLESS OTHERWISE PROHIBITED BY LAW, WE CAN ALSO CHANGE PRICES AND ANY OTHER CONDITIONS IN THIS AGREEMENT AT ANY TIME BY SENDING YOU WRITTEN NOTICE PRIOR TO THE BILLING PERIOD IN WHICH THE CHANGES WOULD GO INTO EFFECT. IF YOU CHOOSE TO USE YOUR SERVICE AFTER THAT POINT, YOU'RE ACCEPTING THE CHANGES. IF THE CHANGES HAVE A MATERIAL ADVERSE EFFECT ON YOU, HOWEVER, YOU CAN END THE AFFECTED SERVICE, W...
(continues)
employeeoftheweek

Sep 20, 2005, 6:11 PM
Its just offering a convenient loophole for anyone who wants to get out of their service at the time. I dont think it's going to open the flood gates and Verizon is going to lose 15 million customers, but it is good for someone who is looking for a way out.
beegbob

Sep 21, 2005, 5:55 PM
It is true. Starting with October 2005 invoices customers will be charged a $0.40 Administrative Fee per line, per month. They have said that this is not a breech of contract, and they were not going to let anyone out of their contract because of it, but then they changed their minds and have put the word out that if anyone wants to terminate their service because of the fee, they can, without the ETF.
mickey-vzw

Oct 10, 2005, 12:52 PM
beegbob said:
It is true. Starting with October 2005 invoices customers will be charged a $0.40 Administrative Fee per line, per month. They have said that this is not a breech of contract, and they were not going to let anyone out of their contract because of it, but then they changed their minds and have put the word out that if anyone wants to terminate their service because of the fee, they can, without the ETF.

we did not change our mind if you cancel b/c of the .40 fee then you will be charge the etf to keep you azs a customer we will wavied the .40 for the remaining of your contract but if you choose to cancel then you will be charge and etf
Tatman

Oct 4, 2005, 7:31 AM
Yesterday I went to a cingular store, my wife want to switch to them from Verizon. They told me about this get out of Verizon thing, so I called Verizon last night and talked to a guy, asking about the new fee and seeing if I could get out of the contract, etc, etc.

He told me there was no way to waive the Early Termination Fee.

Has anyone heard anymore about this? If anyone HAS actually terminated their contract using this new fee for a reason, how did you do it?
camknig

Oct 4, 2005, 9:18 AM
I have personally seen this done. I work for a carrier other than Verizon, and at my location alone there have been 5-10 Verizon customers that have used this very loophole to get out of there agreement without an ETF. It takes some persistence, as Verizon will try to NOT let you get out. For instance: they would attempt to credit the customer's account back the .40 cents for a period of time. Usually it requires talking to the "supervisor". Make sure you mention the "material adverse affect". There's no guarantee they'll let you out, but I just wanted to put it out there that I've seen it done.
Tatman

Oct 4, 2005, 9:28 AM
Thanks for the info. To be honest, I don't know if I can lie about the "material adverse affect," though. I don't think .40 increase will cause me such. (I have a conscious problem)

Especially because I have had a very positive experience with Verizon. The main reason we're leaving is their Blue tooth capability -- or lack thereof.

Thanks, I appreciate your help.
crazyeaglefan236

Oct 4, 2005, 4:05 PM
No longer is VZW offering cancellation w/o ETF if ETF applies.
Olli

Oct 6, 2005, 10:55 PM
The extra fees and Verizon's new policy of not activating any non Verizon CDMA phones on their network is going to cost them some customers. You are looking at one of them.
mickey-vzw

Oct 7, 2005, 8:23 AM
Olli said:
The extra fees and Verizon's new policy of not activating any non Verizon CDMA phones on their network is going to cost them some customers. You are looking at one of them.

Hate to say this but trust me if one customer or ten customer leave its not gonna make a big deal cause we are always growing
Olli

Oct 7, 2005, 3:05 PM
Don't tell me a few people don't count. Look at the Verizon V710 class action law suit. A few people do count and now it costs Verizon millions. Hopefully somebody is going to do the same with Verizon's policy change of refusing to activate non Verizon phones. I will certainly join. People have the tendency to push back when companies become too greedy.
mickey-vzw

Oct 10, 2005, 12:55 PM
Olli said:
Don't tell me a few people don't count. Look at the Verizon V710 class action law suit. A few people do count and now it costs Verizon millions. Hopefully somebody is going to do the same with Verizon's policy change of refusing to activate non Verizon phones. I will certainly join. People have the tendency to push back when companies become too greedy.

do you know how many customers we have we gain just as many people daily as we lose them so it dont matter we always make up for our lost someway or another trust me
mvnoman

Oct 14, 2005, 10:27 AM
I work for an MVNO that rides the Verizon CDMA, as our primary backbone. Is our ability to port CDMA phones going to be limited as well?
jmacey_5150

Oct 10, 2005, 11:39 PM
Yet amazingly enough, Verizon still has the lowest regulatory/administrative charges of any cellular company, as well as an activation fee that is cheaper as well. Bottom line, those fees are going to be higher with another provider. Don't believe me? Compare the bills and you'll see!
mickey-vzw

Oct 7, 2005, 8:17 AM
camknig said:
I have personally seen this done. I work for a carrier other than Verizon, and at my location alone there have been 5-10 Verizon customers that have used this very loophole to get out of there agreement without an ETF. It takes some persistence, as Verizon will try to NOT let you get out. For instance: they would attempt to credit the customer's account back the .40 cents for a period of time. Usually it requires talking to the "supervisor". Make sure you mention the "material adverse affect". There's no guarantee they'll let you out, but I just wanted to put it out there that I've seen it done.

Where are you guys gettin your info from this is not true vzw will not wavied the etf trust...
(continues)
i_hate_I2K

Oct 7, 2005, 6:26 PM
When the $.40 fee first was put on the bill statement, I personally saw a few people get out of their contract & have the ETF waived. However, it did not take long to have that stopped. Now we offer the credit for the remaining contract length.
mickey-vzw

Oct 7, 2005, 8:15 AM
Tatman said:
Yesterday I went to a cingular store, my wife want to switch to them from Verizon. They told me about this get out of Verizon thing, so I called Verizon last night and talked to a guy, asking about the new fee and seeing if I could get out of the contract, etc, etc.

He told me there was no way to waive the Early Termination Fee.

Has anyone heard anymore about this? If anyone HAS actually terminated their contract using this new fee for a reason, how did you do it?

i work for vzw and there is no way you are gettin out the etf unless you die or more out the country or go to the military but not just for a .40 charge
mickey-vzw

Oct 7, 2005, 8:08 AM
vzwsucks said:

Thats not true at all the .40 is an admin. charge that we are required to collect per mtn and the insert does not say you can cancel with no etf it states that if you do not want the charge and you want to cancel service then we would either credit your account the .40 for the remaining of your contract or you can cancel but still will have an etf
Pound SOL

Oct 7, 2005, 7:21 PM
actually customer's had 60 days from first recieving the notification, which came on the august bill, to get out of their contract with no etf. So if the customer has an early bill cycle in august, they are past the 60 day timeframe.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.