Home  ›  Carriers  ›

Nextel

Info & Phones News Forum  

all discussions

show all 26 replies

i930, when; not when you think its coming out

singularityq

Aug 24, 2004, 2:57 PM
can som one please give me a good estimate as to when the new i930 MS mobile is coming out please I need to know I'm going crazy I need to have some solid info and not mere speculation. ๐Ÿ˜ข โ˜น๏ธ ๐Ÿ˜ข
...
MarkF

Aug 24, 2004, 6:16 PM
The type acceptance hasn't been issued by the FCC as of yet, so with this being the case it's not anywhere in the 90 to 120 day window.

Figure first quarter of 2005, but I'm sure a lot has to do with the re-banding plan and the 1.9 GHz spectrum that NEXTEL wants that could delay it even further into 2005.
...
Mobile-El

Aug 24, 2004, 6:40 PM
Dude, my bad, I was talking about the i860, the one with the camera, sorry, not the smartphone
...
southwestcomm

Aug 24, 2004, 7:00 PM
Our rep has told us 9/15.
...
singularityq

Aug 25, 2004, 10:24 AM
So my rep was right (refer to motorola forum) ๐Ÿ˜ ; he said in about 2 or 3 wks (I'm getting 2) I could get that he was going to order them for me. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Are you sure about this date?(not to sound challenging) ๐Ÿ˜ณ
...
southwestcomm

Aug 25, 2004, 10:47 AM
In this industry nothing is "guranteed". My rep was very confident about the release date. It appears Nextel is about to release the i315 and i325 as well.
...
singularityq

Aug 25, 2004, 10:52 AM
๐Ÿ˜Ž ๐Ÿ˜Ž Thanks Alot 9/15 sound a hell of alot better than christmas. i hate to bust your chops, are you sure its the 930 & not the 860? (sorry) ๐Ÿ™‚
...
southwestcomm

Aug 25, 2004, 11:01 AM
The 930 is not scheduled to be out until Q1 2005. The 860 is coming in Sept.
...
singularityq

Aug 25, 2004, 11:06 AM
OOOOOOOOHHH. Well that clears up what I thought, unless my freind is actually able to do something then I have long wait ahead of me ๐Ÿ˜ข , thanx. Another thing the 860 is just an 830 with a camera, right? If not whats the big diff? ๐Ÿ˜• If you could send me a link that would be great. ๐Ÿ˜‰
...
southwestcomm

Aug 25, 2004, 2:42 PM
Pics for the 860 and 930 can be found:

http://public.fotki.com/Shanezam203/nextel_930_and_8 ... »

Copy and paste the link.
...
MarkF

Aug 25, 2004, 2:55 PM
southwestcomm said:
Pics for the 860 and 930 can be found:

http://public.fotki.com/Shanezam203/nextel_930_and_8 ... »

Copy and paste the link.



You know what is funny about that site...the pictures are named i930 yet it's an i860 that is pictured with the i860 in clear view. Does that guy not know how to read or does he think we are that gullible?
...
singularityq

Aug 25, 2004, 3:34 PM
I just noticed that, can i ask you a question? does the 860 run any kind of OS is it just an 830 w, a camera? Can the BB7510 roam in mexico? I'm going there on vacation next month.
...
southwestcomm

Aug 25, 2004, 5:01 PM
Yes the Blackberry will work there.

As for the pics on the Web site....who knows...
...
singularityq

Aug 25, 2004, 10:21 AM
Its Cool, either phone is highly anticipated. ๐Ÿ˜Ž
...
nextel18

Aug 26, 2004, 7:37 PM
"Figure first quarter of 2005, but I'm sure a lot has to do with the re-banding plan and the 1.9 GHz spectrum that NEXTEL wants that could delay it even further into 2005."

the 1.9ghz has nothign to do with the new phones becuase they arent using the new spectrum for any of the phones.
...
MarkF

Aug 26, 2004, 8:25 PM
nextel18 said:
the 1.9ghz has nothign to do with the new phones becuase they arent using the new spectrum for any of the phones.


Well lets see, NEXTEL deployed the i730 phones before they had any 900 MHz equipment deployed...so as usual your narrow minded thinking paid off again.

As someone else said...go back to selling NEXTELS behind the counter and keep the infrastructure details to the experts. ๐Ÿ˜›
...
nextel18

Sep 6, 2004, 4:20 AM
they dont even use the 900mhz spectrum they have for any of their phones.
...
MarkF

Sep 8, 2004, 4:39 PM
nextel18 said:
they dont even use the 900mhz spectrum they have for any of their phones.


Oh yes they do. They hold licenses all across the US and have deployed in Chicago, Florida, and NY. They offload interconnect calls there if the phone is capable.

Better go back and read a little more, maybe you will learn something....
...
nextel18

Sep 10, 2004, 1:00 PM
actually they dont.. i have been told by RF people and investor relations and other sources that they dont use the 900mhz that they have in their holdings. THAT IS WHY THEY WANTED TO GIVE THE 900MHZ TO THE FCC AS PART OF THE CONSENSUS PLAN!!!! BECUASE THEY DONT USE IT!!!
...
MarkF

Sep 10, 2004, 5:23 PM
nextel18 said:
actually they dont.. i have been told by RF people and investor relations and other sources that they dont use the 900mhz that they have in their holdings. THAT IS WHY THEY WANTED TO GIVE THE 900MHZ TO THE FCC AS PART OF THE CONSENSUS PLAN!!!! BECUASE THEY DONT USE IT!!!


Sorry...your wrong. Read the plan closer and you will see that NEXTEL removed the part about giving back 900 MHz.

As to who you know, I really don't care as I have been inside their sites and the equipment is live and in service. They are using it and who ever you are talking has no idea, or of course unless your dreaming this stuff up like you typically do. ๐Ÿคฃ
...
nextel18

Sep 10, 2004, 11:08 PM
right buddy. the thing is i talk to RF people i talk to investor relations and they all say that they dont use the 900mhz spectrum. to be honest i dont belive anything you say. maybe you should ask those people and actually listen for once, because you dont know what you are talking about ๐Ÿ™‚. and nextel didnt remove the 900mhz from the consensus plan, IT WAS REJECTED BY THE FCC. and instead the fcc wanted their 700mhz holdings.
...
MarkF

Sep 11, 2004, 6:31 AM
Well if the investors were so smart they would read the following by the FCC:

http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FC ... »

May I point out the following pages:

Page 7 - In complying with the obligations we place upon it in this Report and Order, we recognize that Nextel may have to shift some of its operations from the 800 MHz band to 900 MHz band frequencies in order to provide the โ€œgreen spaceโ€ย necessary to effect reconfiguration of the 800 MHz band.

Page 147 - The overall band reconfiguration process will also require spectrum โ€œgreen space;โ€ย for example, Nextel systems in the General Category band segment would be moved temporarily into Nextel spectrum at 900 MHz, thereby โ€œclearingโ€ย the General Cate...
(continues)
...
muchdrama

Sep 11, 2004, 4:42 PM
MarkF said:
Well if the investors were so smart they would read the following by the FCC:

http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FC ... »

May I point out the following pages:

Page 7 - In complying with the obligations we place upon it in this Report and Order, we recognize that Nextel may have to shift some of its operations from the 800 MHz band to 900 MHz band frequencies in order to provide the โ€œgreen spaceโ€ย necessary to effect reconfiguration of the 800 MHz band.

Page 147 - The overall band reconfiguration process will also require spectrum โ€œgreen space;โ€ย for example, Nextel systems in the General Category band segment would be moved temporarily into Nextel spectrum at 900 MHz, ther
...
(continues)
...
MarkF

Sep 11, 2004, 5:31 PM
Oh I don't let it get to me at all. I like to wind up before I place the glancing blow!! ๐Ÿคฃ

I keep most of this info archived and it's pretty easy to find. ๐Ÿ˜Ž
...
nextel18

Sep 11, 2004, 8:14 PM
right but they arent using it NOW!!! thats what i am saying.
...
MarkF

Sep 12, 2004, 3:47 AM
Yes they are. Equipment is intalled and in operation in the Florida and Chicago markets.
...
muchdrama

Sep 13, 2004, 9:54 AM
MarkF said:
Yes they are. Equipment is intalled and in operation in the Florida and Chicago markets.
I concur. I've got a buddy who works for Nextel and likes to talk a lot about his work.
...

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.


all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

 

All content Copyright 2001-2022 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.