Sprint to Kill Off WiMax Once and for All On Nov. 6, 2015
"Most WiMax subscribers are upgrade eligible due to the age of their device,"
Your choices are
- Resrve yourself to EVDO 3G 200 kbps to 1.5 mbps.
- commit to 24 months (keep in mind you're out of contract)
- buy a new phone at full msrp
- make monthly payments on your invoice for a new device
- GOTO another carrier.. but have the expenses outlined above
And this fails to address Sprints pre paid customers ... Boost and Virgin Mobile .. many of these customers have WiMax service.
Also Sprint has contracts and commitments to MVNOs to co.tongue to provide WiMax
Plus Sprint has several subscribers that have a dedicated in home WiMax modem by Motorola that has an unlimited WiMax plan attached to.it. What about those subs...
Lets face it Wi-max sucked, although if Clear in their infinite wisdom would have put external antenna ports on their devices it would have been a whol...
Time marches on. No technology lasts forever. Sprint has given ample warning.