NTT DoCoMo to Kill Off Its 2G Network
Article Comments 6
Jan 30, 2009, 8:37 AM by Eric M. Zeman
NTT DoCoMo announced that it will be turning off its second-generation cellular network by the year 2012. As of December 2008, 88% of DoCoMo's subscribers were using only 3G services. The remaining 12% will be offered incentives to upgrade before the March 31, 2012 cut off date.
Oct 21, 2021
The newest version of Google's Phone app includes two major new features that make it easier to call businesses that make you navigate a menu tree and/or wait on hold before reaching a representative. The first feature, Wait Times , automatically displays a graph showing current and projected wait times for any specific toll-free number you're about to dial.
Jan 8, 2021
Motorola today unveiled a full lineup of four new affordable phones, including three g-series models ranging from $169 – $299 and one 5G model for $399. All four feature large batteries (4,000 – 5,000 mAh) and large displays (6.5 – 6.8 inches).
Dec 7, 2020
NTT Docomo in Japan has launched 5G sub-6 GHz Carrier Aggregation (CA), a world first. CA allows a phone to establish a data connection to the network using two different bands simultaneously, potentially doubling data speeds.
Mar 31, 2021
Verizon this week announced that it will finally shut down "the last of" its legacy 3G CDMA network on December 31, 2022. Verizon has set and extended the date several times already, but now promises that "The date will not be extended again."
Apr 21, 2022
The FCC has launched an official proceeding to investigate how it can best address the issue of radio receiver performance. The FCC has historically regulated radio transmitters, but paid little attention to the technical aspects of radio receivers.
Die 2G Die!