Home  ›  News  ›

Android Market, G1 Launch Today

Article Comments  

Oct 22, 2008, 1:26 PM   by Eric M. Zeman

Today marks the first day that the HTC G1 is available for sale through T-Mobile in the U.S. Coinciding with the device's availability is the launch of the Android Market, a repository that G1 users can to go to discover and download applications for their phones. Those who are interested in developing for Android need to pay a $25 registration fee. Once registered, apps will be made available to users without further validation or approval from Google. Google will take no money from the sale of apps in the Android Market. The developers will keep 70% of all money earned through the Market, and the remaining 30% will go to T-Mobile and billing settlement fees. According to Google, there are 50 applications available at launch, with more to come.



This forum is closed.

This forum is closed.

No messages

Page  1  of 1

Subscribe to news & reviews with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram



All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.