Anker Moves Soundcore Beyond Budget Earbuds
Sep 26, 2019, 8:00 AM by Rich Brome @rbrome
Anker today introduced a new range of Spirit and Liberty Bluetooth earbuds. The new buds are much-improved over the original Spirit and Liberty series, but also much more expensive. While last year's Liberty models were all well under $100, the new Liberty 2 models range in cost from $100-150. Similarly, last year's Spirit models were all under $50, but the new Spirit 2 models range in cost from $60-100. All six new products charge via USB-C. The new Liberty 2 lineup are true wireless buds with enhanced sound quality. They all feature 4-mic noise cancellation and HearID personalized tuning.
- The top-end Liberty 2 Pro feature Anker's unique Astria Coaxial Acoustic Architecture for better sound quality. Anker collaborated with 10 Grammy-winning audio producers to tune the sound to match professional studio monitor speakers. The buds alone last for eight hours, and the buds+case lasts for 32 hours. Ten minutes of charging in the case provides two hours of listening time. They will sell for $150.
- The $100 Liberty 2 have the same design, features and specs as the Pro model, just swapping the Astria drivers for diamond-coated drivers of a more traditional design.
- The Liberty Air 2 have specs and features similar to the Liberty 2, but in a style closer to Apple's AirPods, including the case. They also add wireless charging for the case, but still cost $100.
- The Spirit 2 are the most affordable in the new range at $50. Like the original Spirit, they have a wire connecting the two buds behind the neck. But this year's edition has improved battery life (14 hours vs. 8), better waterproofing (IP68), and a built-in USB-C connector that can deliver two hours of juice after just fives minutes of charging.
- The Spirit Dot 2 are small true wireless earbuds with a charging case. Their unique design has "Zero-Pressure AirWings" integrated into one end of each bud, so that the part that would normally stick out instead clips into your ear to hold them in place. The buds alone last for 5.5 hours, and the buds+case lasts for 16 hours. Diamond-coated composite drivers deliver superior sound. They will run $80.
- The Spirit X2 are also a true wireless model, but with an over-ear loop, beefier 12mm drivers, better battery life at nine hours (36 with case), and an IP68 waterproof rating. They will sell for $100.
Advertisements article continues below...
Oct 7, 2021
Soundcore today announced Liberty 3 Pro premium true wireless earbuds. Compared to the Liberty 2 Pro, the new model adds active noise cancellation (ANC) and improved sound performance.
Feb 9, 2022
Samsung today announced its lineup of flagship phones for 2022: the Galaxy S22 series. The top-end S22 Ultra sees the biggest changes as it essentially absorbs Samsung's Note series with an integrated S Pen stylus and a more Note-like shape and design, instead of the Contour Cut design of the other models.
Sep 7, 2022
Apple has revealed the iPhone 14 series, with new features, improved specs, and new size options. In place of a Mini option, the iPhone 14 will come in the same 6.1-inch and 6.7-inch screen size options as the Pro models.
Aug 10, 2022
Alongside its new foldable phones, Samsung has revealed its newest smartwatches and Bluetooth earbuds, each with significant engineering improvements. The new Galaxy Watch5 has a 13% larger battery and 60% more durable face compared to the Watch4.
Jan 14, 2021
Samsung today officially unveiled its Galaxy S21 series of flagship phones for 2021. All three models sport a distinctive new "Contour Cut Camera" design where the metal frame extends around one corner to surround the rear cameras.