Anker Moves Soundcore Beyond Budget Earbuds
Anker today introduced a new range of Spirit and Liberty Bluetooth earbuds. The new buds are much-improved over the original Spirit and Liberty series, but also much more expensive. While last year's Liberty models were all well under $100, the new Liberty 2 models range in cost from $100-150. Similarly, last year's Spirit models were all under $50, but the new Spirit 2 models range in cost from $60-100. All six new products charge via USB-C. The new Liberty 2 lineup are true wireless buds with enhanced sound quality. They all feature 4-mic noise cancellation and HearID personalized tuning.
- The top-end Liberty 2 Pro feature Anker's unique Astria Coaxial Acoustic Architecture for better sound quality. Anker collaborated with 10 Grammy-winning audio producers to tune the sound to match professional studio monitor speakers. The buds alone last for eight hours, and the buds+case lasts for 32 hours. Ten minutes of charging in the case provides two hours of listening time. They will sell for $150.
- The $100 Liberty 2 have the same design, features and specs as the Pro model, just swapping the Astria drivers for diamond-coated drivers of a more traditional design.
- The Liberty Air 2 have specs and features similar to the Liberty 2, but in a style closer to Apple's AirPods, including the case. They also add wireless charging for the case, but still cost $100.
- The Spirit 2 are the most affordable in the new range at $50. Like the original Spirit, they have a wire connecting the two buds behind the neck. But this year's edition has improved battery life (14 hours vs. 8), better waterproofing (IP68), and a built-in USB-C connector that can deliver two hours of juice after just fives minutes of charging.
- The Spirit Dot 2 are small true wireless earbuds with a charging case. Their unique design has "Zero-Pressure AirWings" integrated into one end of each bud, so that the part that would normally stick out instead clips into your ear to hold them in place. The buds alone last for 5.5 hours, and the buds+case lasts for 16 hours. Diamond-coated composite drivers deliver superior sound. They will run $80.
- The Spirit X2 are also a true wireless model, but with an over-ear loop, beefier 12mm drivers, better battery life at nine hours (36 with case), and an IP68 waterproof rating. They will sell for $100.
AD article continues below...
Feb 20, 2019
The tenth edition of Samsung's Galaxy S series of flagship phones includes, for the first time, four different models spanning a range of sizes and price points. Samsung announced the Galaxy S10 series today at an event in San Francisco.
Soundcore's Space NC over-the-ear Bluetooth headphones offer noise cancellation on a budget. If you're interested in listening to your favorite tunes in relative peace, the Space NC get the job done at a fraction of the cost of leading brands.
Jan 9, 2018
TCL Communication today announced three new devices falling under the Alcatel brand. These phones are the first in a range of affordable devices that target different price points.
Feb 20, 2019
Samsung's new Galaxy Buds are 30% smaller than the Gear IconX they replace, and lighter as well, at just 5.6 grams each. These fully-wireless Bluetooth 5.0 earbuds have adaptive dual microphones that can use an outer microphone for your voice, or automatically switch to an inner microphone when there's excessive background noise.
No messages yet