LG Rolls Out 2006 Lineup
Apr 5, 2006, 11:00 AM by (staff)
LG today revealed part of its U.S. CDMA and GSM lineup for 2006:
- LX-550: A clamshell CDMA music phone with FM broadcast for listening to music through home or car audio systems. Other features include EVDO high-speed data, external media controls, changeable faceplates, Bluetooth, microSD memory card slot, 1.3 megapixel camera, dual color displays, and speakerphone.
- VX-8300: Another clamshell CDMA EVDO music phone, this update to the VX-8100 is thinner, adds stereo Bluetooth and advanced GPS, and switches to the microSD memory card format.
- VX-5300: This clamshell CDMA phone is an update to the VX-5200 that ads Bluetooth. Other features are similar, including a VGA camera and dual color displays.
- CG225: An entry-level GSM clamshell camera-phone. Features include quad-band GSM, VGA camera, advanced instant messaging, speakerphone, and an external display.
- LX-350: First previewed at CES but now official, this sleek clamshell CDMA phone sports a hidden external OLED display, 1.3 mega pixel camera, Bluetooth, speakerphone, and speaker-independent voice dialing. (not shown)
- VX-3400: This basic CDMA clamshell phone is an update to the VX-3300 that adds an external display. (not shown)
Feb 20, 2019
The tenth edition of Samsung's Galaxy S series of flagship phones includes, for the first time, four different models spanning a range of sizes and price points. Samsung announced the Galaxy S10 series today at an event in San Francisco.
Nov 12, 2018
iPhone owners will soon be able to unlock and start their Volkswagen using Siri commands. Volkswagen of America today said it is bringing Siri support to its VW Car-Net mobile app.
Nov 13, 2017
Google today enabled the broadcast feature on Google Home devices in English in the U.S., U.K., Australia, and Canada. Now, people with Google Home devices in their house can broadcast announcements or statements from their phone-based Google Assistant to their Home device.
Jan 6, 2020
The Bluetooth SIG today announced Bluetooth LE Audio, a new part of the Bluetooth standard designed to replace all previous audio profiles, which will now be referred to as "Classic Audio". LE Audio uses the Bluetooth LE radio, a version of Bluetooth optimized for low power consumption.
Music, music, music...
i like that lg 550
but the bottom line is $$$. The more you sell the more you make.
The 125 was the best selling phone at SPrint PCS at one time and the 225 was the best after that.
Where's the Palms?
Is the LG VX8300 the gray phone in the picture with the music buttons?
hidden external display?