Judge Approves Sale of RadioShack Stores
A U.S. judge has given RadioShack permission to sell its 1,740 stores to Standard General, a hedge fund that plans to operate the stores with Sprint. One of RadioShack's creditors, Sulas Capital Partners, had opposed the sale. RadioShack declared bankruptcy in February after spending more than a year attempting to rebuild its business. Under the terms of the agreement, Sprint will own about 30% of each store's real estate, in which it will sell Sprint wireless goods and services. The remaining 70% of the stores' footprints will be used to sell RadioShack's branded electronics. RadioShack hopes to close the deal as soon as April 1.
Facebook Makes Sweeping Changes to Data Collection Policies as It Admits Cambridge Analytica Breach Impacted 87M
Apr 4, 2018
Facebook today made significant changes to its platform as it continues to deal with the fallout from the Cambridge Analytica breach. To start, the company now believes Cambridge Analytica was given improper access to the data of as many as 87 million people, mostly U.S.
Sony Buys Image Sensor Corp, to Sell Publishing Unit
Oct 8, 2015
Sony is making more moves to reorganize its varied businesses, including the purchase of an image sensor company and the potential sale of its music-publishing business. First, the company has acquired Softkinetic Systems, based in Belgium, for an undisclosed sum.
LG Touts the G7 ThinQ's 6.1-Inch Super Bright Display
Apr 25, 2018
LG says its forthcoming flagship will have a redesigned FullVision display that adds a number of new technologies. The screen measures 6.1 inches across the diagonal at a new aspect ratio of 19.5:9 to account for the additional screen real estate forming the notch.
MediaTek Given Permission to Sell Chips to ZTE
May 7, 2018
The Taiwanese government has given MediaTek, a Taiwan-based supplier of mobile chips, permission to once again sell its products to ZTE. After the U.S.
Capital One Adds NFC-Based Payments to Android App
Oct 14, 2015
Capital One today added tap-and-go mobile payment powers to its Android application, independent of services such as Android Pay or Samsung Pay. Capital One cardholders can add their debit card or credit card to the Capital One Android mobile app and make secure payments anywhere contactless payments are accepted.
Guys... what's going on... it's April 1st!