BlackBerry Says Sale of Real Estate Nets $278M
Article Comments 4
May 5, 2014, 7:48 AM by Eric M. Zeman
BlackBerry today announced it has come to an agreement with Spear Street Capital, LLC to sell the bulk of its real estate holdings for about $278 million. BlackBerry announced its intent to sell its office space and surrounding properties in Waterloo, Canada, in January. According to BlackBerry, it will close on sales covering 80% of its properties by the end of this month, with the remaining 20% of properties scheduled to close during the third quarter. BlackBerry is selling more than 3 million square feet of office space - some of which it will lease back - as well as vacant lands. BlackBerry CEO John S. Chen has been on an aggressive push to reduce expenses while also finding a way forward for the ailing smartphone maker.
Jan 14, 2021
Samsung today officially unveiled its Galaxy S21 series of flagship phones for 2021. All three models sport a distinctive new "Contour Cut Camera" design where the metal frame extends around one corner to surround the rear cameras.
Sep 7, 2022
Apple has revealed the iPhone 14 series, with new features, improved specs, and new size options. In place of a Mini option, the iPhone 14 will come in the same 6.1-inch and 6.7-inch screen size options as the Pro models.
Feb 9, 2022
Samsung today announced its lineup of flagship phones for 2022: the Galaxy S22 series. The top-end S22 Ultra sees the biggest changes as it essentially absorbs Samsung's Note series with an integrated S Pen stylus and a more Note-like shape and design, instead of the Contour Cut design of the other models.
Aug 25, 2022
SoundCore today announced the Space A40 wireless earbuds and Space Q45 Headphones, part of a new line of audio accessories that have key features like ANC (adaptive noise cancelling), but are affordably priced. The Space A40 Bluetooth earbuds offer 10 hours of listening on their own, and 50 total hours with the included charging case.
Jan 8, 2021
Motorola today unveiled a full lineup of four new affordable phones, including three g-series models ranging from $169 – $299 and one 5G model for $399. All four feature large batteries (4,000 – 5,000 mAh) and large displays (6.5 – 6.8 inches).
Just a thought....
It can't hurt. What's the worse that can happen to this sinking ship?