Motorola Announces New GSM and 3G Phones
Mar 10, 2005, 2:01 AM by (staff)
Motorola launched 6 handsets today at CeBit, many of which are based on the new RAZR / SLVR slim technologies. Most will come with a new application called SCREEN3 that downloads fresh information to the phone's "desktop."
- V1150: An ultra-slim 3G clamshell. Features a 2MP camera with flash, a second VGA camera for video calling, Bluetooth and Transflash slot. Also features a media player with support for mp3, WMV, and AAC+ audio as well as mpeg4 and WMV video. Expected in the fourth quarter.
- V557: Another update to the V551 handset. This time adding Push to Talk. Still includes a VGA camera, Bluetooth, EDGE and will also be the first to feature SCREEN3. Due out second quarter.
- V280: The SLVRcam. Motorola promised to unveil a whole line of SLVR phones, today they delivered. The V280 shares Bluetooth and a VGA camera as notable features and adds Push to Talk. Should launch in the second half of 2005.
- V270: The SLVRlite. The same phone as the SLVR cam V280 minus the camera and with a slightly more contoured keypad. Also due out in the second half.
- V176: A tiny budget clamshell with Push to Talk.
Jan 14, 2021
Samsung today officially unveiled its Galaxy S21 series of flagship phones for 2021. All three models sport a distinctive new "Contour Cut Camera" design where the metal frame extends around one corner to surround the rear cameras.
Mar 23, 2021
OnePlus today announced the OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 9 Pro, its newest flagship phones. The 9 Pro is a true flagship-class phone with a QHD AMOLED display with variable refresh from 1 to 120 Hz, and IP68 water rating, starting at $969.
Feb 9, 2022
Samsung today announced its lineup of flagship phones for 2022: the Galaxy S22 series. The top-end S22 Ultra sees the biggest changes as it essentially absorbs Samsung's Note series with an integrated S Pen stylus and a more Note-like shape and design, instead of the Contour Cut design of the other models.
Aug 10, 2022
Samsung has announced its newest generation of foldable phones: the Galaxy Z Fold4 and Galaxy Z Flip4. Both have similar designs and features compared to their predecessors, with a slew of small updates and refinements across the board.