Home  ›  News  ›

Google to Give Motorola Its Own Battlefield

Article Comments  

Jun 22, 2012, 7:41 AM   by Eric M. Zeman

Google has reiterated its position regarding Motorola. Rather than integrate Motorola across Google's other product lines and services, it is going to allow Motorola to operate independently. "It's important it stays on its own battlefield," said Google chief finance officer Patrick Pichette. "We are not integrating Motorola with Google, we're making sure it has everything it needs to win in its own space. You shouldn't expect a full integration of the two companies. Think of Google in a way taking Motorola private." The comments were made at an annual shareholder meeting. Google chairman Eric Schmidt added his own thoughts to Pichette's. "We bought Motorola for the sum of the patents, the products, the people, the innovation." Google CEO Larry Page said earlier this year that Google would build a "firewall" between it and Motorola. Google closed its acquisition of Motorola in May. The deal was priced at $12.5 billion.

AFP / Yahoo News »

more news about:

Motorola
Google
 

Advertisements

Comments

This forum is closed.

This forum is closed.

No messages

 
 
Page  1  of 1

Subscribe to news & reviews with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

 

All content Copyright 2001-2023 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.