Nokia Unveils New Phones, Accessories
Mar 11, 2003, 10:06 AM by (staff)
Nokia today unveiled a several new phones and accessories in conjunction with the CeBIT exhibition kicking off this week in Hannover, Germany:
- 6220: Tri-band (900/1800/1900) GSM/EDGE camera phone with color display and MMS. Available in Europe, Africa and Asia in Q3.
- 3300 : Two different models, confusingly with the same model number, for Europe and the Americas. Americas model is GSM 850/1900, with music/messaging focus: split-QWERTY keypad, instant messaging, MP3, FM stereo - available early fall 2003. European model is GSM 900/1800 with game-pad key layout.
- Nokia Digital Pen: Accessory that transmits sketches and handwritten notes to a phone via Bluetooth, for sending via MMS.
- Nokia Image Viewer: Connects to a TV or projector - displays images from a phone via Bluetooth.
- Nokia Add-on Lens : Allows 3650 camera phone to take macro shots.
Sep 6, 2002
Nokia today unveiled the Nokia 3650 phone, featuring an integrated high-resolution camera, camcorder, video player and multimedia messaging (MMS) functionality. The 3650 is a tri-band mobile phone operating on GSM 900, 1800, and 1900 MHz networks.
May 12, 2003
fastmobile today officially launched their fastchat™ instant communications service for the U.S. market.
Apr 30, 2003
Opera Software yesterday made available its smartphone browser to owners of the Nokia 7650 and 3650 Series 60 Platform phones. The software lets users browse full HTML web sites.
Mar 27, 2003
T-Mobile USA today launched the country's first video messaging services. The service is available with the Nokia 3650 phone, which can capture and send video clips with sound up to 10 seconds.
Sep 5, 2002
Nokia will unveil several new mobile phone models on Friday, including one with a color screen and a built-in camera, according to media reports. Nokia will hold a news conference in France tomorrow.