Phone Scoop Review
Jul 28, 2008 by Stewart Wolpin
Motorola offers up a classic mid-range clamshell for Verizon that is a Jack of All Trades. Is it a master of all, few or none? With video tour. read review ›
hide detailed ratings
Lemon? or is the "Real Thing"?
First, Motorola User beginning with the good old StarTac and just now trading in the V265. I'm not much of a "bells and whistles" type of a person. I JUST WANT A PHONE WITH GOOD RECEPTION. Living in a fringe area I have always counted on the Motorola for the best possible reception. Therefore, when I was time to upgrade I thought I would go with the W755.....what a mistake!!
1. Fully charged the battery when new. Did not download any music, take any pictures... Made two 20 minute phone calls and the next day (19 hrs later I received message Low Battery. Verizon Rep states if you live in a fringe area it will really use up the battery.
2. Five dropped calls in 2 days. After one of the dropped calls, phone state to please read message. The message said " please remember to unplug the phone from the charger" I didn't even have it plugged in to a charger. What does that have to do with a dropped call?
3. Sound: Used phone without headset, people could hear me fine; however, on my end sounded like a tin can. Tried wired headset, almost ruptured my eardrum with phone on the lowest volume setting. Nothing wrong with headset, I had just used it the day before with my Motorola V265, worked fine.
4. Menu layout and display, Really nice, user friendly. HOWEVER, doesn't do much good with all the other problems including reception.
5. Heat: After 5 minutes, cannot hold close to face...... Very HOT!
Upgraded online to receive instant rebate, the phone was free with a 2-yr update agreement. Called customer service last night, they are sending a LG VX 8350 (never had a LG before).... I am praying that it will be better because according to customer service, you only get to return one phone. After I receive my LG, I have 10 days to send one of them back..........I'm betting it will be the Motorola.
I am so disappointed in this Motorola because I have always counted on Motorola for good reception...... Maybe, I got a Lemon...... just beware!
Log In to rate this review or report it as inappropriate.
Have a question about this phone? Ask in the Forum ›