Very buggy and problem-filled
BOTTOM-LINE: This phone is extremely buggy and filled with problems.
I have been using this phone for about 3 months on a daily basis. Unfortunately, I will soon swap to a new phone. There are just too many problems:
1. Battery. The battery life is extremely short. The battery will run out in about 18 hours on stand-by. Why? See #2.
2. Constant light show. When you lock the keypad, the phone screen will turn off. Good. But here's the bad part: at random times, it will come back on, and stay on. As such, I have sometimes woken up in the night only to find the phone brightly lit up, and draining the battery.
3. Startup. Trying to get the phone to start is a pain -- it takes me at least 4 minutes to actually get the phone to work where I can dial a number. The start up is incredibly slow.
4. Email. Opening an email takes 1-3 minutes. This is NOT due to downloading (as the email is already downloaded). Sometimes the phone locks up entirely, and you must restart, when you try to read email.
5. Web browser. The web browser is unusable. Scrolling complex pages will often totally crash the phone... requiring restart.
6. Charging. Try to charge when the battery is dead and you will not be able to start the phone, or turn off the screen (which will lightup, with nothing displaying). Must wait at least 10 minutes before the screen will finally go dark.
7. Camera. Picture quality is good, but the camera ergonomics are terrible. To take a picture, you must either remove the stylus and hit "capture" on the screen (annoying); or you must use the left-side button to take it (requiring your left hand)... this is not intuitive, as most camera buttons are on the right. Saving the picture will take about 1 minute after you take it, thus basically making it pointless to try to grab 2 pictures quickly.
I would avoid this phone. It is overpriced and VERY SLOW and the battery issue is just unacceptable.
Shop for accessories specifically compatible with the Nokia 7710.