My first week with the 7280
- I swapped my SIMcard in as soon as I got it; it powered up and functioned without incident--except for the web browser. Two thumbs up to the excellent help from Nokia tech support (Cingular did nothing) for getting me completely on line.
- Fairly comfortable to use; a little thick, but narrow profile goes into a pocket without much of a problem.
- Once you program the voicedaili...
This is DISGUSTING....
Who's going to carry it?
Come on T-Mobe!
Cellphone GIANT from Finland
AD more discussions below...
First Impressions of the 7280
I managed to grab one of the first 7280's here in Switzerland - two days before christmas.
Here are some of my impressions:
- The Audio capabilities are really not extensive. It's the usual Voice dialling known ever since legendary 8210 - you assign a certain "voice sound" to a name in your address book. Only news is, you can now also assign a few menu functions of the phone to sound commands as well. Not really groundbreaking, is it...?
- short messaging works surprisingly well! The smart text input is REALLY helpful, especially in long words.
- The little details are the killer - at least in this very first software version. Scrolling through names in the address book is terribly slow - sometimes with a three second time l...
just rec"d 7280
however, everything is in chinese (english manual supplied) but i have yet to find menu where it allows one to change language - it is there, it just will be fun finding it
not that new, really