HTC Titan II
AT&T today announced that its LTE 4G network is now available to customers in the St. Louis metropolitan area. AT&T had already announced that St. Louis would receive LTE coverage, but hadn't provided a date when the service would be available. AT&T today also expanded the availability of LTE in New York City to Staten Island. Earlier this week, AT&T launched LTE in two markets in Indiana and one in Texas. The market expansion coincides with the launch of two new LTE-capable handsets, the Nokia Lumia 900 and the HTC Titan II.
AT&T today announced that the HTC Titan II will launch on April 8 for $199.99 with a new two-year contract. The HTC Titan II is a Windows Phone device that has Long Term Evolution on board. It features a 4.7-inch display, dual-core 1.5GHz processors, a 16-megapixel main camera, and a 1.3-megapixel user-facing camera. It has dual-LED flashes and can record video in 720p HD.
HTC dropped a Windows Phone-shaped bomb on AT&T today. The Titan II packs Long Term Evolution 4G and a 16-megapixel camera. Here are our first impressions.
AT&T, Microsoft, and HTC today announced the Titan II, a new Windows Phone device that has Long Term Evolution on board. The Titan II has a 4.7-inch display, dual-core 1.5GHz processors, a 16-megapixel main camera, and a 1.3-megapixel user-facing camera. It has dual-LED flashes and can record video in 720p HD. The device will become available later this year.
AT&T today announced six new LTE phones, some with record-breaking high-resolution cameras.
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Ion, an Android phone with a 12-megapixel camera with Sony Exmor R sensor and 4.7-inch full HD display. A front camera also supports 720p capture. It also sports HDMI-out and is PlayStation Certified.
- HTC Titan II, with a 16-megapixel camera and a 4.7-inch Super-LCD display. Powered by a Qualcomm 1.5 GHz Snapdragon S2 processor.
- Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket HD, with a full HD display measuring 4.65 inches, powered by a 1.5 GHz dual-core processor.
- Samsung Galaxy Note, with a huge 5.3-inch display that borders on tablet size. A stylus is included, but not required. 1.5 GHz dual-core processor.
- Samsung Exhilarate, an affordable LTE smartphone with a 4-inch Super AMOLED display and made from 80 percent recycled post-consumer materials.
- Pantech Burst, with 4-inch Super AMOLED display and Android.