Phone Scoop

printed April 24, 2014
See this page online at:
http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/user_reviews.php?phone=4133

Home  ›  Phones  ›  Motorola  ›

Motorola Moto X (Sprint)

 

Info Photos Reviews News Forum  7  

Phone Scoop Review

3.5
Overall
4
Reception
3.5
Battery Life
4
Hardware Usability
3.5
Hardware Quality
3.5
Display
3.5
Interface Speed
4.5
Audio Volume
3.5
Camera
 
 

User Reviews

Add your review

Sort by most:      
Overall  
Reception  
Battery Life  
Hardware Usability  
Hardware Quality  
Display  
Interface Speed  
Audio Volume  
Camera  
hide detailed ratings

This is a solid phone

 

Dec 31, 2013 by pliable

I've put this phone through its paces. I've had it since mid November, and at this point I think it's safe to publish a review.

I'd like to start this review by saying that, don't listen to reviewers or anyone who talk about the phone specs like they are garbage. Motorola put a LOT of time and effort into the design of this phone, and it truly shows. High end specs doesn't necessarily mean you will get the best performing phone.

Pros:
- Battery life is infinitely better than my previous phones (Galaxy Nexus and Nexus S 4G)
- Screen is beautiful (you don't need a 1080p screen on such a small amount of screen space, that's a waste of money and dumb)
- Motorola software isn't gimmicky and is actually quite useful
- Minimal modifications to Android (it's basically barebones Android, which I love)
- Camera takes really decent photos (in my opinion)
- Reception is fantastic compared to my previous phones
- Speakerphone is not only loud, but very clear. I usually had to turn my previous phones all the way up just to hear them, but I found myself turning the volume down more on this one because it's loud (which is a Good Thing(TM))
- Gorilla glass is awesome, I've dropped this phone twice and not a scratch is on it.
- The X8 system is truly wonderful. The contextual processor is really awesome, especially when I removed my phone from my pocket just to check the time.
- The natural language processor works about 95% of the time, which is far better than anything else I've ever used. The other 5% where it doesn't work usually stems from being in a very noisy environment.
- Motorola gave 4 cores for graphics processing, and 2 for general processing, and it really shows. This thing plays games super smooth

Cons:
- It still has *Android* quirks (such as randomly being a bit slow, weird anomalies here and there, randomly reboots sometimes)
- Seriously, that's it. The problems I have really don't bother me too much, and the benefits outweigh the cons way more

Log In to rate this review or report it as inappropriate.

 
 
Page  1  of 1

Add your review

Have a question about this phone? Ask in the Forum ›

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Phone Scoop on Google+ Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

 

All content Copyright 2001-2014 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.
1