Sony Xperia Z
Phone Scoop Review
Jul 10, 2013 by Eric M. Zeman
Sony delivers an excellent Android smartphone to the country's "upstart" carrier with the Xperia Z. read review ›
hide detailed ratings
Phone of my half of my dreams!...
This phone is amazing!!
The list of Pros is so long i almost don't want to get into them, instead i'll just save them for after the Cons...
- There is quite a bit of lag, slowness to simple phone functions and touch-responses. Completely unexpected for a Sony product
- Speaker is too low. However this is to be expected as to the waterproofing of the device.
- it's supposed to be dust resistant but dust & lint get caught easily within the cracks of the phone's shell just from putting in my pocket
- Cam's Zoom gets in close... but distorts everything like crazy! Feels like a move to push ppl to buy the camera accessory instead of an unescapable dilema
- Initiating a 2nd call (call-waiting), no easy "add call"-option or one like it. it's options, to place on hold, to either dial or phonebook lookup.
- Great display, by far one of the best i've ever seen on an android phone
- Fantastic battery life, not the best of the best, and could be better, but it'll last the whole work day, after being used, without needing a mid-day charge
- Sony's Music Unlimited app is incredible, and though you can utilize the app on other celluar devices, the experience on the Xperia Z is superb!
- Perfect size! not so much on pocket-comfort, but not bad
- everything else, lol...
This phone is something else, in a good way, and the only things that could make it better would be to address the cons (which some of them are in the Z1S), and make the phone more water-resistant, make it built to be wirelessly charged, 3D capture & playback, better battery life. I'd also like to see transparent sides with the whole lights-effect like with the Xperia S or better. Whatever they do, just don't make it any bigger.
Log In to rate this review or report it as inappropriate.
Have a question about this phone? Ask in the Forum ›