1. If you charge the battery for too long or overnight, it will over-charge and stop holding a good charge. Is this true or false?
2. If you leave the phone on, talk on it, or use it in other ways while it is charging, the battery will not hold a good charge. Any ideas if that is true or false?
Thanks for any input
Thanks a lot for your help
I am not an expert on cell phones in any way. Computers are my specialty
According to Verizon, the phone should be charged for no more than 4 hours at a time and definitely not overnight.
Well we all know what Verizon says, but the point is, a lot of people do not really follow that advice, and nothing especially bad happens. I charge my phone overnight whenever it gets low, so usually every 2-3 days, for 7-8 hrs at a time. I've had my phone for 6 months and haven't noticed any negative effect on battery life.
My last phone was ancient, and I charged the Li-ion battery every night, all night.
That battery lasted 7 years.
I'm not sure I understand, if it knows that it is charged and can turn on the green LED, why doesn't it just stop charging ???
How many of you think you will still have the same phone after two years ????
Nobody! Cell phones these days aren't even made to last two years, it seems... Chances are something else will give out long before the battery does. My a530 only lasted about 18 months before call quality got really bad with tons of lost calls... Not sure what happened, but eventually they gave me a new a670 for free.
Now the StarTAC, that thing was built to last. I have one friend who still uses it! 5 yrs old and still ticking...
When you overcharge your battery, your giving the battery cells more of a charge than they really need and thus "Killing" them off. Thus in a few months or even years you will notice that your battery power will start to decrease and you'll wonder why you aren't getting as many days or hours of talk time/standby time out of your battery any more. Just my 2 Cents though. I work at Verizon Wireless as a Temp so i know my stuff; at least i'd like to think so!!
But why would too much charge "kill" a battery cell? There is no good reason. It's not like they explode or something... I leave my shaver plugged in all the time when I'm not using it, and the battery works fine....
Never read the manual much since I'm busy & my grown kids seem to know all about cell phones so when I have a problem I just usually ask them & they show me what to do. They aren't around at t...