HTC Wing / P4350 (Herald)
Thinking of transitiong from MDA to Wing, what can I expect ?
Some issues that scare me are:
1. I have alot of after market programs (ie SPB products and The Core Media Player) and I wanna know in advance if I will have any problems getting these programs to run on Windows Mobile 6 or 6.1.
2. I'm a right handed person, is it a big deal to switch from right to left and did anyone get used to it ?
3. T-Mobile wants one for like $450 if I upgrade w/o a 2 year extension. Does anyone know of a cheaper deal or someone selling them brand new right out of the box ?
4. Any surprises that I should know of ? (For people who have gone from MDA to the Wing.)
Thanks for your time and help ! )
2. You'll need a different memory card. The Wing takes Micro SD, not Mini SD like the MDA.
3. Windows Mobile 6 has a better e-mail set up, among other things.
4. The headphone jack is the same as the USB/charger.
Overall, you won't regret the switch,
The complete transition took about 2 weeks and multiple hard resets until I finally got the hang of it all. I recommend that you back up all your data often. You never know although I haven't had too many issues after I got over the learning hump. I give this phone 3.5 out of 5 stars.
Your best bet is to get some other smartphone. I got my first Wing in late May and had to switch it out because the camera's white balance was completely off.
Now with my second phone it acts like it has a mind of its own. Sometimes when I select someone from my contact to call, it will call a different telephone number from my contact list.
When I turn off the screen, shortly afterward it will turn back on. The times when this happens is completely arbitrary.
Today I've gotten two messages telling me that text messages weren't sent.
When you try to exit a program I have click it several times in order for it to close. It does the same when I press the end button to hang up ...