Phone Scoop

printed November 23, 2014
See this page online at:
http://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff=6&fi=127501

Home  ›  Forums  ›

Development

Back to message list

Replying to:  Which is better CDMA or GSM??? by fairplayinc   Oct 6, 2004, 10:15 AM

Re: Which is better CDMA or GSM???

by st1x80    Nov 12, 2004, 1:57 PM

You know it is funny because if you listen to what Rich and other people have stated Cingular is converting to WCDMA then going beyond. GSM has one benefit. It allows you to move from phone to phone without calling anyone due to the SIM card.

As a consumer GSM sounds great for phone book transferring but it also allows for a vulnerable spot on theft. GSM has no way to lock out anyone stealing your phone and using it with their sim card so people are more likely to steal a GSM phone than a CDMA phone which if reported stolen does that person no good in most cases.

GSM also has more to deal with when it comes to issues. You have to make sure the sim is not registering wrong and also if the phone is messed up. You also have delays because it reads back and forth on the sim and there is a potential for more problems in many ways.

I have noticed that Samsung seems to make a better product for GSM than CDMA or at least compared Cingular to Sprint. Sanyo CDMA phones out perform every other Sprint phone. Cingular phones seem to work pretty good across the board in comparison to the next type of phone other than a few cases. I would still like to see Sanyo make a GSM phone so I could compare signal by them to get a better idea.

I keep my Sprint service even though I work at Cingular now because I trust Sanyo phones more than any other on the market and that comes from 3 years Cellphone history and year and half of technical support at Sprint.

Report to moderator

Replies

Reply You must log in to reply.

Back to message list

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Phone Scoop on Google+ Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2014 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.