Phone Scoop

printed September 3, 2014
See this page online at:
http://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff=6&fi=1026376

Home  ›  Forums  ›

Development

Back to message list

Replying to:  Which is better CDMA or GSM??? by fairplayinc   Oct 6, 2004, 10:15 AM

GSM makes annoying buzzing noises! Re: Which is better CDMA or GSM???

by dwwheelock    Feb 21, 2007, 11:08 PM

My big problem with GSM (Pardon me if this has already been mentioned.) is the obnoxious noise that every GSM phone causes to come from any sensitive audio devices within a 2-3 foot (1 meter) radius. This includes land-line phones especially speaker phones, head-sets, powered speakers, etc. This sound occurs when the phone checks in with the towers, and when making or receiving a call. It's not the audio from the phone call, but a staccato buzzing sound that's louder the closer the GSM phone is to the audio device. Essentially, the radio transmission from the phone is strong enough to be picked by the amplifier circuitry and output through the audio device's speakers. It interferes with about half of the calls I make on my land-line phone at my office and I have to un-holster my cell phone and put it on the other side of my desk.

This aggravated me for a couple of years, but someone told me that "all cell phones do that." However, recently I did some checking and discovered that it's not "all cell phones". It's ONLY GSM phones. That's AT&T/Cingular and T-Mobile. All other cell-phones in the US (correct me if I'm wrong) use CDMA which does not cause the buzz.

If CDMA really does have the other advantages the others have cited in this list, then I propose a GSM rebellion. If you're annoyed by the GSM buzzing then do the following. Dump AT&T/Cingular. Dump T-Mobile. Choose CDMA.

Report to moderator

Replies

Reply You must log in to reply.

Back to message list

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Phone Scoop on Google+ Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2014 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.