See this page online at:
http://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff=18&fi=2873441

Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

Back to message list

Replying to:  wireless data by cascades   Jul 6, 2011, 9:51 PM

Re: wireless data

by cascades    Jul 12, 2011, 11:55 PM

i have a really old, but brand-new hp laptop on XP and i'm trying to get a wireless data card for it so i can use it on the internet, but i don't think it has very much memory, so i think i have to get that, too, but since i was minted long before the internet, i don't know much about what i'm trying to do.

no one has ever been able to figure out how to get the still-in-the-box laptop to work on the internet, but the verizon store has a card they think will work and they would install it onsite and if it won't work, will take it back on the spot at no charge.

the other option is a netbook, but i understand they have several downsides and don't do the computing in the computer. they seem small. also i need to plug in a mouse because i don't do well with the built-in mouse. i need a lot of data memory, but don't use video or music on the computer. primary use would be surfing and creating documents.

i'm currently using someone else's hp and want to download my inbox to a cd and can't figure that out, either, so i'm kind of a basket case. i'm unemployed, so can't spend a lot, either, but I managed to get a huge virus attack on their computer, so want to see if i can get my own going.

i'd appreciate ANY sort of help, or, if you can take off a couple of decades, i could get a job -and- have the built-in instinct for computers!

Report to moderator

Replies

Reply You must log in to reply.

Back to message list

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Phone Scoop on Google+ Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2014 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.