Phone Scoop

printed October 25, 2014
See this page online at:
http://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff=18&fi=2193624

Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

Back to message list

Ericsson CTO himself said 3G didn't live up to it's true promise, are you going to question him too?

by Jayshmay    Oct 25, 2009, 12:02 AM

Here is a quote from an industry expert, someone who knows more than BOTH you and me, who said that 3G didn't live up to it's potential, here's the quoted paragraph, plus the link to the whole article, it's Ericsson's CTO, he makes mention of the "true promise of 3G", implying that 3G never did live up to it's potential, and now that LTE & WiMAX are nearly here, or in WiMAX's case already in some cities, 3G has essentially reached the end of it's days WITHOUT living up to it's POTENTIAL,don't you remember reading articles about 7.2/14.4mbps and so on that 3G is capable of "theoretically", well, here we are 9wks away from 2010, 4G is being deployed, and 3G NEVER did live up to it's POTENTIAL:

"If we did have more bandwidth, he said, we’d be able to experience the true promise of 3G, which in turn would make us all rethink the possibilities offered by this new mobile broadband platform."

http://gigaom.com/2009/08/12/wimax-not-really-4g-eri » ... »

And by the way, I am very, very happy with Clear's internet speeds. I've gotten 14mbps twice. This is the real deal, no someday this, no someday that, no waiting til 2011, or 2013, it's the real deal, and it's NOW.

**To anybody wondering why I posted this in the "Wireless Data" forum after posting in the AT&T forum, the reason is I wanted a more broader response.**

Hopefully some reasonable, honest people, consumers, not corporate fanboys will respond. Because it's the TRUTH, 3G DID NOT live up to it's potential. And now that 4G is begginning to be deployed more rapidly by Clear & Verizon (2010), 3G is essentially past tense, without having lived up to it's potential.

Report to moderator

Replies

Reply You must log in to reply.

Back to message list

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Phone Scoop on Google+ Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2014 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.