http://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff=18&fi=2115834

Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

Back to message list

Top message:  Am I stuck? by andy2373   Jun 7, 2009, 7:30 PM

Replying to:  Re: I am stuck...for now. by mist668   Jun 14, 2009, 10:23 AM

Re: I am stuck...for now.

by Dollgrin    Jul 20, 2009, 10:15 AM

I would like to go back to a point that someone else made - the problem with a lot of phones isn't that they're crappy phones. There are several problems BEFORE the problem is truely the phone.

1) Some people get phones they don't need/will use. Example: Someone who just wants to call, not use internet or text, wants to get a PDA. Or someone who wants all the bell and whistles gets a basic phone becuase it's cheap. They aren't crappy phones - they just have a device that's not going to work for them.

2) customer gets the phone they want, but not the appropriate plan resulting in functions that can't be used becuase they don't have internet, etc.

3)User Error, meaning they got a phone they don't know how to use and either no one showed them how to use it or they didn't want to take the time to use it, so there are psudeo problems from the lack of knowledge that's required to operate the phone. Yes, a rep should show a customer how to use the phone, but there have been plenty of times I tell someone I need to show them how to use the phone and they say "I'm in a hurry" or "Not now, I'll read the book". I can't hold them against their will and force them to learn how to use it. Maybe not all reps do such a thing, but I myself give every customer the opportunity to learn from me.

4)Mistreatment of phones. I myself am really rough with phones, I'll admit that. I drop them and whatnot and I wear mine around my neck. I will see people who come in swearing up and down that a phone is a "peice of crap" when I see at least 10 others that don't look as beat up as this phone.

5)Wanting something for nothing. Have you ever heard the term "There's no such thing as a free lunch?" That's true. Someone, somewhere has to pay. Companies offer a discount to people who want a phone in EXCHANGE for keep that carriers service. You are always able to buy phones for the full retail price and not extend the contract (at least at Sprint), and most people only hear the "free" or "discount" and don't think abou thte contract until months later, and then it's the cell phone companies fault they lured them with discounts and ripping them off with contracts. It's almost like the woman who sued McDonalds because it made her overweight. No one made you eat there, and no one made you sign a contract.

Those are the main ones I see come into the store all the time

Report to moderator

Replies

Reply You must log in to reply.

Back to message list

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Phone Scoop on Google+ Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2014 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.