Phone Scoop

printed August 21, 2014
See this page online at:
http://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff=18&fi=2097480

Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

Back to message list

Top message:  Am I stuck? by andy2373   Jun 7, 2009, 7:30 PM

Replying to:  Re: I am stuck...for now. by Cellinovation   Jun 23, 2009, 4:09 PM

Re: I am stuck...for now.

by gadgethead    Jun 24, 2009, 9:05 AM

I can't wait for LTE, if I could get a really good Nokia phone for say $400.00. I could use it for 2 or 3 years and have no complaints. I would have no problem buying a phone for around $400.00 every 3 years, you pay that much for tires every 4 or 5 years I have a saltwater pool that has a converter cell that costs $500.00 and needs to be replaced every 5 years. It would be more than worth it to get a decent phone and have the freedom to use it the way I want to. The main reason we have so many crappy phones is that no one really has to answer for them. The carrier says "oh we don't make the phones you have to call the manufacturer" when in reality the users are insulated form the manufacturers by the provider. If the companies that make the phones had to answer to consumers directly they would stop selling sub par phones. It would also create more competition between carriers if you could bring a phone to any service provider. I really don't see a downside for consumers, sure the phones will be expensive for a few years but I remember when a DVD player was over $1000.00 now you can get one for under $50.00. I think that phone companies stopping phone subsidies would be the best thing that could happen to phone users in the long run.

Report to moderator

Replies

Reply You must log in to reply.

Back to message list

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Phone Scoop on Google+ Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2014 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.