http://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff=18&fi=2096961

Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

Back to message list

Top message:  Am I stuck? by andy2373   Jun 7, 2009, 7:30 PM

Replying to:  Re: I am stuck...for now. by gadgethead   Jun 22, 2009, 4:54 PM

Re: I am stuck...for now.

by Cellinovation    Jun 23, 2009, 2:30 PM

The competition of landlines originally was a factor in 1983 when the first commercially available cell phone was introduced. That is what I was trying to say. Now it isn't a factor, but they needed the subsidy to create their market.

I was not trying to compare a console radio to an IPOD. I was comparing the console radio to the first console TV. That was an easy beat, the advantages were obvious. The point I was creating was simply when Cell phones came out, there wasn't a market for them. Not even a need. Back then the only reason to have one was to be "cool" and hold a status symbol. The phones didn't even really work that well if at all.

I think the cellular companies are justified in almost all the fees and provisions they place on the customers. There has to be rules, and a process. There has to be a consequence for deviating from the process. without consequence a process in not able to be enforced. Without process you have no business, profit, jobs, or the service they all provide. No matter how you look at it, customers agree upon their own free will to sign a contract and recieve a reduced cost on the phone in exchange for their monthly subscription fee for 24 months. The company gives a clear representation of where the services can and can not work. they do not guarantee service in all areas. All companies have a return period ment to make sure the customer is pleased with the service.
A company can not be held liable for a choice that the customer makes, that ultimately effects their happyness with the product.

If you buy a gas grill, then 1 year later decide that the flavor of food is not as good as the flavor on charcol, do you expect "Webber" to get right on picking up your old grill and giving you a refund?

While there is no actual refund in this particular circumstance its the same. The cell comany has secured X amount in accounts recieveable for a given term. Then the customer is asking if a lesser value Y can suffice instead because they are no longer happy paying X so they should get a "refund" (let out of paying) the reamaining amount.

No other business would do this, and yet the cell industry is the only on criticised for it. You want something to fight for about being fair. Why don't you concentrate your efforts on the insurance industry.

Did you know once an insurance company agrees to give an accident victim lifetime medical coverage for the injuries, they can make the victim bring them to court for every single payment that needs to be made?
So much for the agreement right... Well the law provides loop holes that the insurance company can exploit to make sure that it costs the injured more money to fight to get them to pay than their medical coverage is worth. oh!and if the injured wins, the insurance compnay is NOT responsible for their legal costs thus allowing them to tilt the situation further in their favor.

Why doesn't everyone concentrate their efforts to changing a law that might actually benefit someone, instead of picking on an industry that seems to be such an easy target to pick apart because of misconception?

Report to moderator

Replies

Reply You must log in to reply.

Back to message list

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Phone Scoop on Google+ Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2014 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.