printed October 22, 2014
See this page online at:
http://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff=18&fi=2080750

Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

Back to message list

help with school blocking

by namesuh    Jun 3, 2009, 8:00 AM

I work at a high school where they block cell phones b/c of student usage - sucks for us adults who then would like to use ours, especially when we have no access to long distance calls on school phones.
For whatever reason, many of us feel excessive blockage, the powers to be also block most all sites on the computers. It has now gotten to the point I can not even access my on-line bank account. I totally understand blocking facebook, my space and the such but seriously...bank accounts.
We do have wireless systems within the school and they were thinking of allowing students to have their laptops, that hasn't happened as of yet. In different locations of the school we are able to get cell service, I can even receive text messages in my room. However I am unable to send from my room due to lack of service - I have to go into the hall way and hit send.
My question is what should or could I get to allow me interent service. I thought about the Blackberry Storm so I could access sites from it but a student of mine has one. We tried in my room and of course NO SERVICE. He said he doesn't have a problem getting service most any other location in the school - lucky me! I wondered about an inexpensive laptop but if they block cell phone I wonder if the laptop would be blocked as well.
Obviously I know little to nothing about this stuff so any information would be helpful. Thank you in advance.

Report to moderator

Replies

Reply You must log in to reply.

Back to message list

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Phone Scoop on Google+ Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2014 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.