Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

all discussions

show all 8 replies

Now that there is WiMax in BAL MD. When will it be useable to more than just PC's?

Fonzijr1964

Oct 5, 2008, 9:04 AM
So in Baltimore we now have WiMax and i was wondering when /if you thing it will be a standard in the Phone industry like 3G is now
Saint.Patrick

Nov 6, 2008, 2:23 PM
I'd like to think that Clearwire will expand their markets gradually just as wireless carriers turned up their 3G platforms over their 2G ones. It is better to do QA/QC with a 4G network on an incremental basis than to just turn up the entire 4G platform and have it crash.
Wireless Buddy

Feb 16, 2009, 10:56 AM
Hello, I am also in Baltimore! We should talk about WiMAX in Starbucks!!
nextel18

Mar 6, 2009, 11:41 AM
They already have a WIFI system there, but never know.
Jayshmay

Mar 4, 2009, 6:30 PM
Sprint isn't ambitous with Wimax! If they were ambitous it would be in more cities than a measly 2, Baltimore, and supposedly Portland.
nextel18

Mar 6, 2009, 11:39 AM
Of course they are, but it is very expensive to roll it out and create their ecosystem so they are doing it in stages and trial areas to see the demand for this product.
Jayshmay

Mar 6, 2009, 11:46 AM
Day 1 of Cingular's 3G network say a launch of 16 cities, again, that was on day 1. That is why I say Sprint isn't ambitous, Cingular day 1=16 cities, Sprint day 1= 1 city (Baltimore).

Hey Nextel18 what the heck happened to you? I haven't heard from you in such, such a long time.
nextel18

Mar 6, 2009, 11:52 AM
Well you are comparing apples and orange with 3g and 4G+ technologies. 3G is expensive, but there is a demand for it; however who knows with 4G. Investors in the Wimax technology including Sprint, Clearwire, Google, Comcast and others need to see a certain return in those test areas before they give the green light.

So it isn’t fair for you saying that Sprint isn’t ambitious while Cingular is because people and Cingular needed to bring out 3G while Sprint doesn’t have to do 4G.

Oh I have been busy with my education and businesses. I have been writing this thesis (for my MBA) for quite some time on Outsourcing, so I want to make sure it is better than the previous version for my rough draft as well as for my undergradua...
(continues)
GraGG

Mar 6, 2009, 9:54 PM
sprints weak

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.