Phone Scoop

printed April 25, 2014
See this page online at:
http://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff=18&fi=1852634

Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

Back to message list

Top message:  I did it! ! ! ! ! ! I'm using my N95-3 as a modem!!!! by Jayshmay   Sep 15, 2008, 10:00 AM

Replying to:  Re: I did it! ! ! ! ! ! I'm using my N95-3 as a modem!!!! by Jayshmay   Sep 15, 2008, 12:35 PM

Re: I did it! ! ! ! ! ! I'm using my N95-3 as a modem!!!!

by OfAMightDivine    Sep 16, 2008, 12:47 AM

1. GSM phones don't need to be branded or unlocked for them to know it's you. It's your SIM card that ties your phone to your account. That's why if you take your SIM card out, the phone won't work right.

2. They can also tell what type of service you have with your account, and how that service is being used. You're going to use a laptop for the internet. I'm sure that a simple cell phone running that much data through it would cause someone to notice it. Companies have such system limitations on services to prevent accidental charges from not disconnecting the web browser, limit the access and strain on their networks, and to prevent fraud. Remember, web pages on a cell phone are smaller in size than web pages viewed on a laptop full browser.

3. You're not the first person to do it. Companies are aware of how people try to fraud them, so they're always on the look out for it.

Report to moderator

Replies

Reply You must log in to reply.

Back to message list

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Phone Scoop on Google+ Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2014 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.