printed December 21, 2014
See this page online at:
http://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff=18&fi=1843808

Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

Back to message list

"Web Timed Out" connection error.

by tkboxer    Sep 7, 2008, 12:54 PM

I have seen a few threads about web connection timeout errors on Nokia phones. I have experienced this myself on my N95-3.
After some recent experimentation I feel the problem lies within the Nokia browser.
I ran 2 different browsers in both 3G and 2G service, the Nokia browser, and Skyfire beta. The Nokia browser will after one or two minutes of non-hyperlink activity will produce the "web timeout error" once you do click a link again. It is my belief that the Nokia browser software shuts down the phones data connection after a period of inactivity most likely to conserve battery power. The Skyfire browser never dropped the connection which I think is due to the fact that when you are on Skyfire you are actually logged on to their dedicated server network via your data connection. Skyfire does appear to use slightly more battery power but is very fast in comparison with the Nokia browser or Opera Mini, and I mean a LOT faster. The rendering is much better also.
This is by no means meant to be expert analysis, it is just my observations in trying to discover the mystery of the "web connection timeout" issue.

Report to moderator

Replies

Reply You must log in to reply.

Back to message list

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Phone Scoop on Google+ Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2014 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.