Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

all discussions

show all 11 replies

Advice...

MetroTet

Jan 25, 2007, 10:30 AM
I have a phone(metropcs of course) and am quite happy with it, however i want PAM service, and i want a smart phone to fit that as well, basically i have a phone covering my voice and text, now i want a pda/data device, especially for tethering, and with a service provider that would allow unlimited data access... any suggestions? i was looking at cingular or t-mobile, because quite frankly verizon sucks, and so does sprint, also because i travel, and having a gsm phone would benefit me greatly, all i would want is unlimited data, i would be concerned with text or voice? any suggestions?
raycarroll70

Jan 25, 2007, 2:36 PM
Of all the wireless carriers here in the US, Sprint Nextel Inc. has the the most POWERFUL data network of any of the carriers. People say you can talk the talk, but can you walk the walk? Sprint Nextel Inc. did one better, they went running and have left the competition in the dust. Look at the statistics and you'll see why.

http://powervision.sprint.com/mobilebroadband/casest ... »
not2brite

Jan 25, 2007, 6:02 PM
Most Powerful?

You have 220 volts and everyone else uses 110?

It's just marketing man...
MetroTet

Jan 25, 2007, 8:10 PM
yea and i really do kinda hate sprint, i see how they fubar accounts a daily basis, i don't want none of that(being as ghetto as possible...)
cyberpsionic

Jan 26, 2007, 8:57 AM
My post said it all..
cyberpsionic

Jan 26, 2007, 9:09 AM
LOL! Helps to repost raycarroll70's thread...

https://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff= ... »
Crapbag

Jan 26, 2007, 9:21 PM
raycarroll70 said:
Sprint Nextel Inc. has the the most POWERFUL data network of any of the carriers.

🤣 I'm looking at one of your coverage area maps right now and noticed that sprint covers nearly 98% of the U.S. on their coverage map! Granted this includes Off Network Analog Roaming and Off Network Digital Roaming which makes up 90% of said coverage. Now combine this with $.03kb in data usage(where you get it) and its easy to see how (queu drums) sprint is The Most POWERFUL Data Network!!! 🤣
jjgreene

Feb 5, 2007, 12:03 AM
WTH are u talking about dude? sprint has the most powerful network? try the most useless... WTH are they doin messin with a tech that has no relevance to their own? fallin apart is what?

If your lookin for data speeds...keep a look out for cingular...if sprint were to compare apples to apples you would see that their broadband network cant even compete with cingulars 3G which is only in its infancy stage..

Their network right now is capped at 1.8 Mbps...as soon as more devices are available they will increase it to 3.6 Mbps.....one phone and a couple pc cards are already capable of these speeds..... the network has the capability of 7.2 Mbps...and sometime in the not to distant future will have UPLOAD SPEEDS of 1.5 Mpbs.....you wont be...
(continues)
Crapbag

Jan 25, 2007, 6:35 PM
I think cingular offers unlimited data on a PDA device without voice for $44.99. Data speeds would be determined by the device you go with.
MetroTet

Jan 25, 2007, 8:10 PM
yes unlimited data, but does that include tethering?
Crapbag

Jan 25, 2007, 9:11 PM
I think its $59.99 or $79.99 to do the teather as well. Its not something that comes up often(data w/out vice) with the exception of wireless cards.
macuser09

Feb 4, 2007, 1:24 PM
it doesn't come up often because it is a rip to use cingular for data

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.