Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

all discussions

show all 7 replies

It looks like WiMAX will be deployed late 2007 by Sprint

raycarroll70

Jan 8, 2007, 10:40 PM
Sprint's time line launch for WiMAX appear to be a bit ahead of schedule, based on a PR today. Chicago and Washington DC are to be the first cities for deployment of WiMAX in the later part of 2007. LG Electronics, Intel, Nokia, Samsung and Motorola all are involved to one degree or another in the developement and deployment of Sprint's WiMAX. Here's the URL for the complete Sprint PR:

http://www2.sprint.com/mr/news_dtl.do?id=15000 »
dead_psycho1

Jan 11, 2007, 5:53 PM
yay that means that sprint will have the first 4g tech in the usa (right) ๐Ÿ˜ฒ ๐Ÿ˜
raycarroll70

Jan 11, 2007, 8:54 PM
Just like we were the first wireless carrier in the US to deploy 1xEV-DO Revision A(in San Diego), it looks like we'll also be the first one to launch 4G via WiMAX(in trial runs for Chicago and Washington DC).
JAnthon88

Jan 18, 2007, 11:44 AM
The VZW - Sprint battle is interesting. It APPEARS Sprint is the leader because of the way they like to build hype for what they're GOING to do, whereas VZW just let's you know about it once it's actually done. It appears Sprint is way ahead on Rev. A because every time something is completed they go right out and tell you about it. VZW has Rev A up and going too, but they won't tell you about it until it's DONE. They like the knockout punch. It's two different and interesting schemes, and they both work.
krickt

Jan 18, 2007, 3:59 PM
I agree, it's hard to tell which is best. Personally, I like the don't tell 'em anything until you have it perfected idea, myself. I hate trying to sell services that only work in the metro areas and that aren't practical on the rural scale of things. People don't care what a phone will soon be able to do, they want to know what it can do right now!
katrina

Mar 12, 2007, 1:08 PM
Yep and also people see advertisements that talk up the new technology that won't be in the area you actually sell in for 4 years... it makes they conversations with customers a little tough.
nextel18

Mar 22, 2007, 6:07 PM
You would be suprised.
nextel18

Mar 10, 2007, 2:20 AM
Well most importantly, Sprint has Mobile and Fixed Wimax while Verizon has no choice yet. They canโ€™t do Wimax anyway.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.