Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

all discussions

show all 12 replies

Music Transfer from Mac to 8600

Sidecar Ron

Dec 15, 2006, 11:01 AM
Being a long-time Mac guy, you can imagine my disappointment when I read that my new 8600 won't accept music transfers! There's apparently no Mac version of MS's MediaPlayer 10.
Anyone aware of a work around other than seeking out a friend with Windows XP?
Thanks much.
ralph_on_me

Dec 15, 2006, 11:03 AM
virtual PC, but that's another $150.
J0hnnyM

Dec 15, 2006, 11:50 AM
*cough*

Yes, dual-boot it!

I believe there's a program out there somewhere that can emulate wmp. I don't know about the new windows media player 10 though..

Seriously, more than 10 reworks on a media player? Windows should die.
Sidecar Ron

Dec 15, 2006, 12:07 PM
I'm trying to find out if a product called "Flip4Mac" will work. It may not be compatible with MediaPlayer 10.
Anyone know?
ralph_on_me

Dec 15, 2006, 1:29 PM
Flip4Mac is basically just the wmv codec so that you can play wmv files through quicktime. I have it, it doesn't work. It only reads the first half of the file.

I'm not familiar with the 8600 so I don't know any hacks to make it work.
J0hnnyM

Dec 16, 2006, 8:54 AM
I've always used VLC player for my files.

Seriously though, dual boot. Best option. No more searching for Mac compatible anything.
ralph_on_me

Dec 16, 2006, 10:39 AM
If you have the new mac, yes. I've got an older one running Virtual PC, and it get's a bit laggy from emulating.

When I need it, it works though. Thankfully I rarely need it.
J0hnnyM

Dec 16, 2006, 11:31 AM
I have the mac mini. It's a little dream machine.

I think I only use the windows side for one game. It runs off IE and is something fun to play while I pass the time. I used to use windows for Nero but then I found the glory of Toast!
ralph_on_me

Dec 16, 2006, 12:36 PM
I'm still debating installing a mac mini in my car. It would be about $1200 to get all the parts, but I haven't found anyone to fabricate the dash faceplate for me yet.
heyheyhey

Dec 15, 2006, 7:03 PM
use boot camp, its by apple and im pretty sure its free
heyheyhey

Dec 15, 2006, 7:03 PM
*but it only works if you have the core duo versions
ralph_on_me

Dec 15, 2006, 8:40 PM
boot camp is free, but you still need a windows OS to install on it.
ABLINDKID

Apr 6, 2007, 1:27 AM
you might be able to transfer songs to a memory card, via memory card reader(usb attachement), i dont know if its possible but i did have a customer say that is how he did it call the verizon tech support to get verification 1800 922 0204 x3 tech support

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.