Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

all discussions

Error sending files from PC to LG 8600 via BlueTooth... Please Help!

2JZGTE

Dec 12, 2006, 5:50 PM
When attempting to send files to my 8600 from my laptop I receive an error message stating, "There is no space available on the device or computer you are transferring to. Free some space on the device or computer, and then try again." I verified that I have 10.6MB available space on my phone. What's the deal? I didn't think it was necessary to buy an SD card since the phone can hold a few songs itself. I tried sending both an Mp3 (3.5MB) and a 15k picture (just to make sure it wasn't the size of the song throwing the error message).

Thoughts?
groundhog_day

Jan 2, 2007, 11:49 AM
your carrier is Verizon right? if it is, sending data via bluetooth is impossible. Data transfer via bluetooth is disabled on Verizon phones.
2JZGTE

Jan 2, 2007, 11:51 AM
I found a program that creates a COM port via Bluetooth which enables the transfer of data, however it's not freeware and only allows 6MB of data transfer. I have since received my USB cable and haven't had a need for it, but it IS possible.
groundhog_day

Jan 3, 2007, 11:56 AM
hmm..what program is this? Link???
2JZGTE

Jan 3, 2007, 12:14 PM
I will post when I get home, I forgot to look last night, sorry. Maybe I should create a new post (How-To) for those that are interested and somebody can give insight whether there is another program that doesn't limit the amount of data available for transfer (freeware).

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.