Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

all discussions

show all 11 replies

bluetooth

kristin

Nov 17, 2006, 7:46 PM
does anyone with a verizon phone know how to activate the bluetooth and connect with other phones?
THEMAN

Nov 17, 2006, 8:05 PM
what phone? what headset? did you read the instruction manual?
kristin

Nov 18, 2006, 1:07 PM
It's a moterola razer. I called verizon and they said they are cancelling bluetooth on thier phones, so it wont work on my phone. But they did say there is a way to get around it, but they weren't allowed to tell me how, so they told me to come to this website to see if anyone else could help me
biznass

Nov 20, 2006, 8:11 PM
cancelling bluetooth? you talked to a 1st class moron. god. some people are so stupid. And read the manual! Goddamn why are you buying equipment and not reading the damn manual. It's not that hard!!! I knew how to use bluetooth before I worked here. It's not rocket science.
chocolateman85006

Dec 9, 2006, 12:40 PM
I agree. (Not with the name calling, but with the simplicity of the bluetooth). If I can use it, anyone can.
prodrigu03

Nov 18, 2006, 8:15 AM
Go to settings then click to connectivity it's there you might see Bluetooth.
ralph_on_me

Nov 18, 2006, 10:44 AM
I think what they're wanting to do is connect their phone to another phone using Bluetooth.

If this is what their intention is, you can only do this if you cancel Verizon and switch to a different carrier. Verizon cripples their phones to disable OBEX. To my knowledge, Verizon is the only company that does this. As long as you have them, you will not be able to transfer any files using Bluetooth.
kristin

Nov 18, 2006, 1:09 PM
yes, this is what they told me, but they also said there is a way to get around it, however they weren't allowed to tell me how. They suggested i visit this site, and ask if anyone else knows how
ralph_on_me

Nov 18, 2006, 1:24 PM
If you've got one of the Verizon User Interface phones I think you're pretty much, for lack of a better word, screwed. I think there are ways to hack the phone, but I'm no expert in that.

This may be the wrong forum to find good results. The Verizon forum has more traffic, but you'll catch some flak for asking. I'd also post the question in the "tricked out" forum since that has more to do with modding your phone, which is essentially what you're trying to do.
chocolateman85006

Dec 4, 2006, 5:11 PM
The Q is the only bluetooth phone not locked by Verizon.
chocolateman85006

Dec 9, 2006, 12:35 PM
That, and the EnV, which i will get soon.
elveskind1

Nov 22, 2006, 7:52 PM
kristin, why do you wanna pair to another phone ? are you trying to access the internet in a round about way?

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.