Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

all discussions

show all 5 replies

Need help getting web access..........

dabig25

Sep 21, 2006, 6:43 PM
I'm a cingular customer. I just bought an unlocked Motorola SLVR L6.

Everything works fine but, I cannot access the web on my phone. I went into a Cingular store & asked the guy how I could access the web & he said that I would need to get the data to be unlocked as well to be able to use Cingular's Data network.

Is this true ? & how would I get it unlocked ?
raycarroll70

Sep 21, 2006, 8:53 PM
What you need to do is call Cingular Wireless' technical support to get the GPRS/EDGE WAP configuration settings so you can access the wireless web via the SLVR L6. I used to work for AT&T Wireless before they became Cingular Wireless(I now work for Spint Nextel Inc.) and saw customers come in all the time with unlocked GSM handsets and got them up and running within 5 minutes.
dabig25

Sep 22, 2006, 3:33 AM
I'll try that........a few months back I had an unlocked samsung phone........but could not get online as well.

They tried to help over the phone but couldn't get it to work. But that was a phone that cingular never issued out.

I know that this SLVR L6,cingular did.
dabig25

Sep 22, 2006, 1:10 PM
Thanks..........I called cingular & they walked me through setting it up.

Took awhile since they were going off the L7 setup. But it;s working fine now. Able to download ringtones & wallpaper.

😁
raycarroll70

Sep 22, 2006, 2:06 PM
Allelujah! If my advice is able to help just one person enjoy their wireless service no matter who their carrier is, then my job here is all worth the heat I get for my Cliff Clavinisms.
dabig25

Sep 22, 2006, 11:43 PM
Yep.............sure did.

Thanx

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.