Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

all discussions

show all 9 replies

Razr Bluetooth Battery issue

wglover

May 8, 2006, 10:42 AM
Hey everyone, quick question.I posted this in a couple of forums. Does the bluetooth earpieces really drain your batteries that fast. I just got my Razr about 3 weeks ago and it was fine, but I noticed once I got the Plantronics 510 headset my battery dropped very fast. I had the phone on full charge and after about 45-60 min of talking the battery was completely dead. But I have a friend that has the same phone with the Jabra 250 headset and he said he can talk for about 3 to 4 hours before his phone is dead.

VZW gave me a new battery, and they said that the bluetooth does drain the battery but I dont think it should drain it like that. Should it? Or does it matter which bluetooth headset I get??

thanks in advance
sowhatsowhat10

May 8, 2006, 3:43 PM
it drains it. its depending on usage how fast you battery dies.

fyi: the cdma razr has had battery life issues from day one. try turning off the EV-DO if you dont use it. 😉
lorilicious

May 8, 2006, 3:51 PM
ok.. just got the razor and I feel stupid for asking this but... how do you turn off the EV-DO?
wglover

May 9, 2006, 12:09 AM
I was just about to ask the same question, because this is ridiculous. I am scared to get a bluetooth and they dont have a extended life battery for this.
magellan

May 10, 2006, 8:50 PM
Update the firmware to .04 if you haven't done so already. As for disabling,I did mine, real easy:

From the home screen, you need to press #073887* (quickly), enter 6 0's, and this will bring you to the system menu. Press up twice to get to the test mode menu option, and enable it. Then exit the system menu, go back to the home screen, and then press clr, then the left soft key. Now you should be in the field test screen. Now press the right soft key three times (should bring you to a menu with "ServOpt:" at the top). Hit the down arrow until the ">" along the left gets to "HDR Pref" and use the right soft key to change it until it reads "CDMA". Left soft key to remove the ">" and then clr + left soft key to exit (screen might freeze for ...
(continues)
magellan

May 10, 2006, 8:52 PM
sowhatsowhat10

May 10, 2006, 11:30 AM
guy's you know what i don't own a v3c but i did it on my 8100 under the settings or tools tab. it was easy. i dont live in an ev-do area and a tech told me to turn that feature off on my phone and walked me through it. its under either the settings or tools tab.
kapwww

May 9, 2006, 11:19 AM
Standard talk time for most cell phones is 2 1/2 - 4 1/2 hours. The CDMA RAZR is about 3.33, which is probably in optimal conditions.

https://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=767 »

While Bluetooth will cut talk time, you shouldn't be down as low as 45 min. How is your coverage where you use the phone? Do you have full EVDO coverage where you use the phone? If not, your phone may be switching between EVDO and 1X and that will kill your battery faster. Also, how are you charging the phone? Home charger or car charger? If you are using a car charger that is doing a rapid charge, your battery won't hold that charge as long. All of these things can affect battery life.

As for putting an extended battery on a RAZR...It totall...
(continues)
wglover

May 9, 2006, 10:11 PM
That is exactly what is happening, I have seen it switch from 1X to EVDO. especially when I am at work. I work in a building and depending on where I am in the building I have seen it switch back and forth. and In my apt it does the same thing. but when I am out and about I really dont pay attention that much to see how often it is switching but I do know that is does switch back and forth. I live in the Northern NJ area so I get pretty good reception. Is there a way to turn off evdo like that other post said?
ABLINDKID

Apr 6, 2007, 1:51 AM
ok first off you cant turn off the evdo network, its a broadband access and if someone does know how, enlighten me, and verizon does sell an extended battery 49.99 and when you are not using the bluetooth you should turn on the bluetooth power in your phone because even if your not using the bluetooth you phone is still trying to connect to something, its constantly searching, if you do that youll see a significant change in your battery life

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.