Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

all discussions

Help, cingular 8125 and my laptop

randyrw

Mar 10, 2006, 4:51 AM
Hey fellows
I really need some help, I want to use my 8125 which I have the full data plane with it from cincular to work as a modem for my laptop, I know this can be done simply from all the options in the phone, I'm just not setting something up right, someone said I could do this and then someone told me I couldnt, any help would be great.
Thanks
Randy
phonedr714

Mar 23, 2006, 3:57 PM
Hi Randy,

Indeed, you CAN tether your phone as a modem. Be adviced you WILL need another plan aside from your PDA Connect. This other plan is called Laptop Connect, without it, there will be a very high bill every month. LOL

I'll give you help on the set up, but if you decide to not get the plan that's totally up to you.

Ok, here's how to set it up:

Start by going to http://www.cingular.com/connectionmanager

Download and install it.

Do not connect your phone at this time. With that in mind, make sure you have your CD that came with your phone. Place the cd in the cd tray. If anything pops up, just close it.

Going back to the connection manager, you'll click on "Tools" and then "Device Wizard" and obviously follow th...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.