Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

all discussions

show all 10 replies

Crazy Question

nygiants

Nov 11, 2005, 4:58 PM
So is there any way that some one can steal a text that I have sent out of the air? because there has been some crazy stuff going on and I was just wondering if this is some thing that can happen. I use cingular and my phone is the rocker, but it has been happing even before I got the rocker.
celesticatfl

Nov 11, 2005, 6:00 PM
I have heard it only happens if you use Bluetooth and don't hide your device id. In otherwoods if you're broadcasting your device other devices will pick it up..But I could be wrong.

Maybe that's not what you're asking...
WILLPHASE

Apr 1, 2006, 4:11 PM
I THINK YOU MIGHT HAVE EITHER A DEFECTIVE HANDSET OR A OVERACTIVE EMAGINATION.....HOW WOULD YOU EVEN BE ABLE TO TELL IF YOUR TEXTS WERE BEING PICKED OUT OF THE AIR...DID YOU ASK EVERYONE IN YOUR EMEDIATE AREA IF THEY GOT YOUR MESSAGE OR SOMETHING....SERIOUSLY MAN IT ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO DO SOMETHING LIKE THIS UNLESS YOUR THE GOVERNMENT........
MIKE3222

Apr 1, 2006, 8:28 PM
I LIKE CAPITAL LETTERS TOO!
spum

Apr 2, 2006, 3:33 PM
liar.
Wireless Consultant

Apr 3, 2006, 12:47 PM
Make sure when you are sending a text you are not sending to a group by accident.

I know of people sending broadcast texts to many people at once with some phones.
MIKE3222

Apr 4, 2006, 7:33 PM
yeah spum. check on that.
InFuZiOn

Apr 12, 2007, 12:49 AM
Turn your Bluetooth off broadcast. It's called BlueSnarfing. You're able to send texts and such anonymously to people who have their phone set on broadcast
Humdizzle

Apr 3, 2006, 1:38 PM
I NEED MORE COWBELL!!! 😎
DeepFryerDan

Apr 13, 2007, 3:37 PM
little john: WHAT!?
ABLINDKID

Apr 6, 2007, 1:54 AM
no one can steal your text unless someone has your phone and fowards it to another number,or like the other guy said and you might be sending text to groups of people instead of one, one thing i have seen before is , when someone upgrades on a verizon phone sometimes their old phone get a text message the same time as their new phone because the phone is stuck in a switch between the old phone and the new one, but other then that you are probably suffering what i call user error lol

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.