Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

all discussions

show all 7 replies

T-Mobile Internet roaming charges...WOW!!

saxon

Sep 27, 2005, 5:08 PM
After reading a post about a couple who got major sticker shock from a T-Mobile bill for roaming internet while on vacation, I double checked the T-Mo website. Here is what I found.

Roaming outside of T-Mobile's markets:

If you use t-zones and T-Mobile Internet service outside of the T-Mobile network, roaming charges of $10.00 per megabyte will apply.

$10.00 per megabyte!!

Even at EDGE speeds, it is pretty easy to rack up 10 megabytes in a 1 hour internet session. So if I happened to be roaming on a Cingular network, for example, presumably I would be charged $100 for that 1 hour session!!!

Can anyone confirm this from personal experience?

Sounds like T-Mo Internet goes from being a relative barg...
(continues)
mark0000

Sep 27, 2005, 6:15 PM
Roaming outside of T-Mobile's markets:

If you use t-zones and T-Mobile Internet service outside of the T-Mobile network, roaming charges of $10.00 per megabyte will apply.

I believe this applies to international only as with many domestic partners data will not be available. However, in other countries, other arms of T-Mobile or more advanced roaming agreements do allow for data usage.
I'm not sure, but it definitly sounds like international use.
zerocool

Nov 11, 2005, 9:43 PM
that is correct and its acctually $15 per megabyte. its only when roaming internationaly. they do have a new feature that alows unlimited GPRS roaming for 20 a month internationaly
slochraven

Sep 28, 2005, 8:46 AM
HMMM I WENT TO CHINA AND USED MY PHONE THERE, AND THE CHARGES FOR PHONE CALLS WEREN'T REALLY THAT BAD.

HOPE THIS HELPS
stevelvl

Sep 28, 2005, 9:02 AM
slochraven said:
HMMM I WENT TO CHINA AND USED MY PHONE THERE, AND THE CHARGES FOR PHONE CALLS WEREN'T REALLY THAT BAD.

HOPE THIS HELPS

morel of the story? next time goto china 😲
😲
saxon

Sep 28, 2005, 11:35 AM
morel of the story? read the fine print! 😲
saxon

Sep 29, 2005, 10:24 AM
Well I just called T-Mobile and spoke to a conscientious sounding customer service rep...and after double checking just to be sure, she advised me of the following:

"There are NO additional charges for T-Mobile Internet when roaming anywhere in the US. There MAY be some areas where--due to the lack of
a necessary roaming agreement--you will simply not be able to connect. But anywhere that you CAN connect...there will be NO ROAMING CHARGES for data."

So there ya go!! Surf at will. 🙂
nasdaq_guy

Oct 3, 2005, 7:41 AM
I have been in Mexico and Germany with my T-Mobile phone in the last 2 months and have received no charges for data. I do pay the $5.99 T-Zones charge, but use the service exclusively for tethered data usage with my laptop.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.