Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

all discussions

Bluetooth tethering data capacity

tankers

Sep 21, 2005, 8:54 AM
I have been using a bluetooth phone to allow my PDA and laptop to access the internet for a few a years now. As the data rates have been slowly increasing, I have begun to wonder when my bluetooth connection will become the limiting factor in data trasmission. Is a bluetooth connection in Windows XP limited to serial port speeds of 115K? If so, that seems like a very artificial limitation on actual bluetooth capacity. Are there any ways around this speed limitation in XP?

thanks in advance
troy
randalb

Sep 28, 2005, 11:35 AM
I have tethered my Motorola E815 (EV-DO enabled) to my HP iPAQ 4350 with the settings you've described and have hit between 300 to 500 kbs. It appears that Bluetooth still is not the limiting factor as this matches the speeds that EV-DO advertises as its maximum attainable. Now, how I'm tethering it is another matter...

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.