Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

all discussions

Will the HTC 6700 have blue tooth tethering so I cna link it to my laptop?

iansilv

Sep 15, 2005, 11:40 AM
OK- so I am in Verizon about to buy the 6600 for the EVDO about 3 months ago. I am tlakign to a salesperson, and he tells me there are two plans for evdo- the "laptop" plan and the pda plan. I explain to him tht I want the laptop plan. He says that I can't put the laptop plan on the pda phone. I tell him that I want to bluetooth my pda occassionally to my laptop, but mostly I want ot just use the pda by itself, and I am willing ot pay the extra money for the laptop plan so Ican do that. He says Verizon won't allow that. Am I wrong in thinking that is idiotic? I want to PAY MORE for the higher plan so I can have INCREASED FUNCTIONALITY with the device.

Anyway- will the Sprint 6700 allow tethering? I would really like to use it oc...
(continues)
Vox Dei

Sep 15, 2005, 4:11 PM
Really? it doesn't allow that? The 6600 that we sell here in canada does that. People do that all the time. You have to buy the PDA plan but that still lets you connect to a laptop if you want and just use your PDA data package for your laptop. Very strange...But i hear that verizon crippled the Bluetooth on the 6600 (which is really weird because you can't use their system to send pictures and stuff and all you have to do is link it with a cable and you can transfer file). Our V710 is crippled (only OBEXis cripped though) but you can still bluetooth and use it as a modem with your laptop.
iansilv

Sep 15, 2005, 4:28 PM
According to the guy selling the phone, no. I explained and clarified everything so he completely udnerstsood what I was saying,and told me they could nto do it. Which I thought was incredibly stupid. They could sell the higher rate plan with the pda. Any thoughts on whether Sprint will allow this kidn of tethering?
southwestcomm

Sep 16, 2005, 4:43 PM
My training doc doesn't specify either way. I thought the trainer said it would support a DUN connection.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.