Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

all discussions

show all 6 replies

Best Bluetooth headset for convertible

asn

Sep 1, 2005, 9:44 AM
Which bluetooth headset is the best for hearing the person on the other end, and also has really good noise canceling? (I have a convertable).

Thanks!
ralph_on_me

Sep 1, 2005, 11:39 AM
I'm about to get a convertable myself, so I've been wondering the same thing. I've already settled on and purchased an bluetooth carkit to use instead of an earpiece. I know I wont have any problem hearing them since the volume plays out of my sterio and is adjustable, and the mic is best placed near the rearview mirror, which is behind the wind screen. Your party will still be able to hear any passing trucks, but they wont get the wind noise.
tadams

Sep 1, 2005, 11:50 AM
If you can't spring for a car kit like my buddy Ralph here, then I would recomend the Plantronics M2500. It has the boom mic on it so that it will cancel noise better than the rest. I have many UPS drivers that switched from their Motorola headsets to this for the same reason. Hope that helps.
asn

Sep 1, 2005, 8:35 PM
what about the jabra bt800? Or the motorola 850? anyone know how either of these are?

I'd like to find a couple really good ones for when the top is down (all the time in the summer), and then go and see how comfortable they are.

thanks for your feedback
tadams

Sep 2, 2005, 2:41 PM
The motorola 580 is one that I had alot of UPS drivers switch from. Otherwise, it is great too. The Jabra I dont know about. The Jabra 250v is just as good as the plantronics that I recomended though.
NBF1

Sep 2, 2005, 3:29 PM
I had the Motorola HS850. Took it back and exchanged it for another one because of the intollerable echo. The replacement had the same problem. I soon learned that having the volume any higher than "barely on" would lead to this echo. I have a convertible, so I needed to have the volume up, but got fed up either hearing myself echo or the other party would hear it and say "call me back without the headset."
asn

Sep 6, 2005, 11:28 AM
did you find a good solution? I currently have the plantronics, and motorolla to test, but havn't been overly impress with either.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.