Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

all discussions

Anybody have Clear's serivce?

Jayshmay

Oct 2, 2009, 11:33 AM
I'm really wanting REAL mobile broadband, the word "REAL" for you fanboys means that even though it's wireless that it's the SAME speed I can get from cable internet. If a company is going to use the word "broadband" then I put them in the same group as cable companies.

Anyway, anybody out there who has Clear's service? I live in Las Vegas. And I see they're stores around town. Are the speeds consistent? Or do they dip down to 900kbps-1.1mbps? Cause I've heard Clear's network does speeds of upward of 4/5mbps.

Also, are there any evil data limits with Clear's service?

Hope to hear from someone soon. Preferably someone here in Las Vegas.
PACWEST

Oct 3, 2009, 3:09 PM
I wouldn't get it, unless it's your last choice.
Several friends have had it in the past and weren't all that impressed with it.
One used it at his place of residence with his home computer and complained of the local Clear Wire antenna getting bogged down. He'd call CS and they'd bump him to another tower that didn't have as much traffic, but the results never lasted.
Another uses it with his laptop and has discovered it's more of a 'out in the open' coverage, he can't get service in our work place.
Jayshmay

Oct 3, 2009, 7:40 PM
I live in Las Vegas. I called a store and talked to a rep, and he told me I have a 7 day trial. So I'll go to different parts of town and try it out. The rep I talked to told me he plays Quake, and you know the kind of connection it takes to play that.

It's going to be at least another 6-8 months before Verizon's LTE 4G network is up and running. But likely they're have an evil data limit. I'm so, so sick of limits in the wireless industry!!! What's the point in true broadband speeds if I can't use the connection to watch a lot of videos?

Anyway, I'll try it out for a one week trial. A majority of the time I'll be using Clear either at home or at work.

What kind of speeds did your friend get? What city? I hear Clear's network puts o...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.