Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

all discussions

show all 5 replies

smartphone questions

PirateTom

Aug 9, 2007, 10:43 AM
Can I use a smartphone to access wifi without having to get activation on the phone? Ive had some sales people tell me yes, and that it can act much like a PDA.(WIFI out of the box) However, some have told me that I need service on the smartphone in order to access any WIFI. thanks-
Ray

Aug 10, 2007, 7:38 AM
I have a Sprint Mogul by HTC that has yet to be activated and I'm able to hop onto a Wifi AP for web surfing without any problems. If you use Skype, head over to their web site and download their free application so you'll be able to make free Skype to Skype VoIP calls via the WiFi.

www.skype.com
shellis129

Aug 10, 2007, 6:30 PM
Hey Tom, I haven't tried using the phone without service BUT I will often plug an innactive SIM into my other phones to transfer stuff to my computer and vice versa and all the features work just fine (other than texting and calls and T-Zones of course).

You just need to get your hands on a SIM that has never been activated and you SHOULD be able to use it as a PDA with wifi.

SIMs cost about twenty bucks at a store but you can usally find someone who has been sent a SIM with an upgraded phone.

Let me know if you can't find one and I'll mail one out to you... I got an extra one I can part with.
Cellfoneslinger

Aug 10, 2007, 8:20 PM
Just wanted to get rid of the ah hell subject line. Have a good day 😁
cellphoneringer

Aug 12, 2007, 2:51 PM
today is my first day on the scoop and already i dont like the cellfoneslinger guy! u seem to be a smart a**. just wondering if u really r? 😁
Cellfoneslinger

Aug 13, 2007, 3:29 PM
Why was your login saved on my computer? You must already know how much of a smartas* I am if you work with me. If your going to BS with me in the forum at least don't save your login name on a store computer, come on cover your tracks! And sell a phone for once 😁

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.