Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

all discussions

show all 7 replies

at&t data use flagging?

Cellfoneslinger

Jun 29, 2007, 4:36 PM
Does anyone know how much data needs to be transfered before at&t will flag the account. I know people can tether devices every now and again and not need to pay the extra money for the data plan. I am just wondering how long I can get away with tethering while I'm only on the PDA connect plan
goodbyejack

Jun 29, 2007, 8:27 PM
I dont think there is really a "set" time.
sangyup81

Jun 29, 2007, 10:32 PM
I think it's pretty much a matter of when they feel like dedicating the manpower to bust people.

Seems like the kind of enforcement you see with the mp3s and such by the music labels
evilsmiles

Jul 5, 2007, 7:12 PM
you may never be flagged. I have a medaimax on my 8125 & E62 and havn't stopped working. the longest i've heard was an account that had a mediaworks plan from 2004 and had been given 3 exception upgrades in that time 9300,ipaq, then blackjack before it stopped working for him, but i don't know for sure because your tethering... seem like tethering never works without a plan, so you sould be in the clear indefinly
Cellfoneslinger

Jul 5, 2007, 7:17 PM
I have the media max on my Blackjack and use alot of data but since my account shows that I have a regular phone.
evilsmiles

Jul 5, 2007, 10:24 PM
and you use it for tethering to a laptop... di you change or adjust the APN & IP or does it just work for you?
Cellfoneslinger

Jul 6, 2007, 4:13 PM
I changed the APN but cannot get it to work. There is another thread I started asking how to do it. I followed the directions and also tried with ATT communication manager...Any ideas?
SLRMcLaren

Jul 6, 2007, 12:09 PM
I KNOW YOU! HAHAHA!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.