Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

all discussions

show all 5 replies

Bluetooth

TigerRyan

Jun 14, 2007, 5:14 PM
Just got a new cd player for my car that has bluetooth capability. I'm a Verizon customer and am about to get a new phone/contract. However, I've heard that Verizon "waters down" their products. Does this apply to the bluetooth? One feature I really want to use is to transfer my phone book to the head unit? Will I be able to do this with Verizon? Which phones?
chocolateman85006

Jun 22, 2007, 9:04 AM
Yes, Verizon cripples the Bluetooth on almost all of their phones, whether partially, or all the way. The Q and the 700p are the only Verizon phones that are not crippled like that. The KRZR, MAXX, and VX8700 will let you send/receive pics, videos, and contacts via bluetooth, but not music or ringers. The VX9900 {EnV} only lets you send contacts via bluetooth. I hope this helps.
TigerRyan

Jun 22, 2007, 9:16 AM
so it seems as if they're lossening up a little on the newer phones. is this a trend you see them heading towards in all future phones?
chocolateman85006

Jun 22, 2007, 1:08 PM
They say so, but I've been mislead by them before.
stephenm1

Jun 24, 2007, 12:03 AM
wait...which headunit did u get? ive been able to do it. i got the pioneer 7900 and i just put my phone book in there so it shows up whens someone calls and it works SUPER. only problem is if you have a pocketpc, it can see it but the radio cant see the pocket pc.
chocolateman85006

Jun 30, 2007, 2:35 PM
Bt 135 from Jabra. I want tha Motorola one that has an FM radio in it.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.