Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

all discussions

show all 8 replies

Alltel vs. ATT on price's of internet usage

faithhope

Jun 6, 2007, 9:28 PM
At ATT you have to pay $59 to use INTERNET from phone to laptop. But on Alltel you only pay
$25 for MobileLink,ExcessMobile, or whatever you call it. Is their a way to stay with ATT
to get this price or am I going to have to switch to Alltel to get this low price?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
ralph_on_me

Jun 7, 2007, 8:39 AM
You pay for what you get. Alltel's network, or at&ts network. Alltel's isn't worth more than $20.
goodbyejack

Jun 7, 2007, 9:07 AM
Agreed.
ralph_on_me

Jun 7, 2007, 2:01 PM
And lookie lookie!
https://www.phonescoop.com/news/item.php?n=2228 »

Looks like you pay $60 with Alltel for their data service. You even save a penny by going with at&t.
allteljunky

Jun 9, 2007, 3:10 PM
I have Alltel and have the tether for wireless internet it is as fast as wireless cards and is only $25.00(uses anytime minutes but unlimited data) $35.00 (unlimited everything). You looking for a great deal there ya go. Uses Alltel, Verizon, and Sprints EV-DO speeds no added charges.
ShackViperElite

Jun 9, 2007, 8:22 PM
So you agree, Alltell is being a leach instead of having it's own large nationwide network? 😁 I'm sorry, if I know I'm on a service that's going to leach off of everyone else I'll go with one of those services instead.
trz103

Jul 4, 2007, 1:15 PM
actually alltel owns and operates more towers than any other company...true story
rmtp22

Jul 4, 2007, 4:46 PM
Are you trying to look like a @$$? It's called roaming agreements. Just because a carrier that has only 12 mill customer base vs. your ATT's 60 mill. Comes out with a cost that is better than ATT. It ruins your day! Sorry, but if somebody offers me the same service at a cheaper prices. I will have to consider it!
BTW I know for a fact , that ATT's data does not work north of Nebraska. In fact I can think of at least 5 states off of the top of my head that your ATT's data won't work period. You will find out that there is no states that CDMA's data won't work. Sorry to ruin your day again.... But don't waste our time reading your post unless it is useful info.
rmtp22

Jul 4, 2007, 4:37 PM
Ok I am not going to debate which network is better. Certain ones work in areas that others don't. There is more CDMA in the US. Alltel's will work in more places. 3G CDMA peaks at 700KBS. Whereas GSM's is little higher. Not sure exactly. Someone will say. However, their is a lot less 3G GSM coverage. In fact CDMA data is in every state in the US. GSM is not.
Prices:
ATT= $59. to tether and use internet.
Alltel's is $25 for data and if you are on a voice plan there will be a $10 tether charge. (It gives you unlimited data)
Their Laptop air cards are the same as Sprint's $59.99 unlimited useages.
One covers a ton more! One might be a little faster(only in some cities).

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.